Chapter 13: Iron Sisters: Allison

Within Temptation-Iron

My mother grabbed her stele and seraph blade while I grabbed my baton. I was really excited to go on this trip. I've heard about the Iron Sisters, but I've never seen them in person before.

We used a portal to get to the Citadel, home of the Iron Sisters. In the distance, my mother and I can see the Citadel that I've always wanted to go to, and now, I'm finally here.

 In the distance, my mother and I can see the Citadel that I've always wanted to go to, and now, I'm finally here

"So, who are the Iron Sisters?" My mother asks, making me widen my eyes.

"Mom, the Iron Sisters are a communal organization of badass female Shadowhunters that forge weapons for their kind. They're considered the female counterparts of the Silent Brothers, albeit more secluded. They reside in the Adamant Citadel, where they live in almost total solitude and speak only, and occasionally, to female Shadowhunters." I explain as I point to the Citadel.

"What else should I know?"

"The Iron Sisters are a monastic order, like the Silent Brothers. They take upon themselves arcane runes that grant them access to the hidden, deeper sections of the Gray Book. For them, their Marks give them the ability to work the angelic stone adamas, making them the keepers and the only ones able to shape, craft, and handle the metal, particularly in its pure and unprocessed state, into arms, armor, and tools that the Nephilim need. These Marks of transformation also overwhelm and dissolve the parabatai Marks of binding and other ordinary Marks."

"How do you know all of this? I thought you never met the Iron Sisters." My mother asks, confused to how I know a lot about them.

"Just because I've never met them doesn't mean that I've never heard of them before. And I did some research." I admit. "Anyways, the Iron Sisters are even more private and removed from Nephilim society than the Silent Brothers. They don't like to be bothered and prefer to work in isolation, particularly not wanting interference from male Shadowhunters. The Sisters rarely leave or venture outside of the Citadel, though they are also known to work in the basement levels of Alicante's Armory. Being remote, the Sisters have to rely on an accurate network of information to be aware of the happenings outside the Citadel."

"Anything else I should know, since you seem to know everything?"

"The sigil of the Iron Sisters is a heart pierced with a blade. Their motto is 'Ignis aurum probat', which translates to 'Fire tests gold.' It not only refers to their role as forgers for their kind, but also describes themselves: hard, unyielding, and strong. It also refers to how adversity tests one's strength of character."

"Wow. That is a lot of information." My mother says, looking impressed and slightly jealous.

"Yep. Took me a week to memorize it all in my head." I admit. I'm not gonna lie. That week was one of the worst weeks of my life.

I look up to realize that we made it to the Citadel. "We're here."

"