Chapter 2: Coronation: Alec (8 years later)

Halsey-Castle (The Huntsman: Winter's War Version)

I've been waiting here in the Institute for over an hour and Allison hasn't returned from her mission. Seriously though, how long does it take for her to complete one simple mission? She should be back by now.

"Worry much?" I hear a voice ask in front of me, and when I looked up, the voice was Magnus.

"I don't know. I just think that she should be here by now. I mean, it doesn't take an hour to complete missions." I say.

"You never know what could happen with that queen of yours, but don't underestimate her, Alexander. She's capable of more than you know."

"I know. I just feel like she doesn't need me to protect her anymore."

"She may say that so she can feel stronger, but in reality, she needs you every second of every day." By the look of my worried expression, he continued, "She's fine, Alexander. You would have felt it if something was wrong."

He was right. I would feel it when something went wrong, and so far, I haven't felt anything. I tried to get her out of my mind, and when I did, Magnus' voice calling me 'Alexander' sticks to my head. He used to call me that when we were dating, which felt like a long time ago. Maybe it was a bad idea getting his voice stuck in my mind.

Luckily, my 8-year-old daughter, Marissa runs over to me and asks, "Dad, do you know where Mom is?"

"She's on a mission."

"When will she come back?"

That's the same question I kept asking myself. I didn't know how to answer, so I simply said, "Soon." Hopefully, I thought.

I suddenly hear the doors open, expecting it to be Allison. Instead, it was Valentine. How did he get in here without the alarms going off?

 How did he get in here without the alarms going off?

"Marissa, get behind me." I say as I push her behind my back. I grabbed my bow and arrow, and I shot the arrow straight at him. Somehow, he caught it. Wait, I thought. I only know one person that's skilled enough to catch an arrow.

 I only know one person that's skilled enough to catch an arrow