Chapter 3: Hotel Dumort: Allison

Fall Out Boy-Twin Skeleton's (Hotel in NYC) (Nightcore Version)

After the discussion about Sebastian with my mother, I decided to walk to the center room where everyone was celebrating my coronation. Everyone clapped and cheered, almost making me smile for becoming their queen. That is, until the problems came along.

"Your majesty, can you fill in these forms?"

"Can you give more food to the poor?"

"Can you teach me more runes?"

Oh...my...god. I thought. This is insanity.

I've had enough of all the pleads that I talked to the crowd for the first time. "I will grant all of your wishes, but right now, I need to take a walk outside and get some fresh air." And without another word, I walked out the door and into the sunny daylight.

I walk down 116th Street in East Harlem of Manhattan, just wandering around, until I come upon a building that caused me to stop in my tracks. Hotel Dumort. Where you can live your way NOW...and FOREVER. Those words reminded me of when people visit the hotel, they never come out...alive.

Simon once told me that the hotel is a derelict hotel inhabited by the New York vampire clan

Simon once told me that the hotel is a derelict hotel inhabited by the New York vampire clan. The hotel was once known as the Hotel Dumont, a glamorous hotel that was built in what was then known as the Italian Harlem; back then, it stood out from everything around it.

However, following the events of the Stock Market Crash, the creation of a Portal to The Void at the hotel by Aldous Nix, the arrival of Camille Belcourt in 1929, and its subsequent takeover by vampires, the place had since decayed and become ruined, becoming almost as dead as its new residents. They renamed the hotel 'Hotel Dumort' so that it would translate to 'Hotel of the Dead' in French, making it a humorous name for a vampire's domicile.

In the 1970s, the hotel continued to be a vampire hot-spot, particularly as the recreational use of cocaine became more popular with mundanes. The vampires found themselves addicted to the substance through feeding from intoxicated mundanes. Several drugged mundanes were kept and encouraged to ingest drugs in large quantities at the hotel, so they could be close to the vampires who hope to achieve the same high. When Magnus Bane and the New York werewolf pack were alerted of this, they devised a plan to get the vampires-who were reckless when high-off of the drug. Magnus convinced Camille to summon all of her addicted vampires to the hotel, when Magnus used his magic to seal them all in to force them to finish the withdrawal process.

Although the hotel has been claimed as vampire territory as early as the 1930s, it didn't become the true headquarters of the New York vampire clan until Raphael Santiago became interim leader in Camille's absence in 2007; it was during this time that the majority of the clan relocated to the hotel from their previous residence in the old, pre-war building known as the Eldorado, from where Camille used to rule.