AUTHORS NOTE → THANKYOU

AUTHORS NOTE THANKYOU

Well, this is the end. Two years and five books later, I say goodbye to Adeline. I can't express how much I have loved writing her character and how hard it is going to be to say goodbye. I started writing The Maze Trials during the time when I didn't attend a school camp, stuck in the school library with nothing to do. I was reading many The Maze Runner books on Wattpad, and was inspired to do the same. I wanted to write a character who wasn't perfect — and then came Adeline. And Adeline wasn't perfect — she had a temper, she was unforgiving to her once best friend, Matt, and only forgave him when she saw him losing his mind. Adeline was stubborn. She's not perfect.

Named after Adeline Pond Adams.

Adeline's name was inspired by the movie Age of Adaline, but I was drawn to the name Adeline after I did some researching notable women. Sure enough, I started to create her character. I decided that she would be portrayed by Hailee Steinfeld, an actress and singer. But when I begun writing, I wasn't a spectacular writer. I'd never written in third point of view, and the whole third perspective idea was hard to write, as I found I kept transitioning from third to first. Two years later, I actually prefer to write in third person compared to first.

I want to say a huge thankyou to everyone who has read, commented and voted. I want to say thankyou for your positive comments, and for the critiques. For pointing out the mistakes that may have been noticed when reading and being so kind in letting me know. I want to say thankyou for all the reads and votes. I honestly never believed I would get as many as they have, which is surreal. Two years and five books later, this is the end of The Maze Trials series. Thankyou over and over.