INTRODUCTION → "THE SOLAR FLARES"

INTRODUCTION "THE SOLAR FLARES"

THE END OF THE WORLD was upon them.

Not literally, of course. The world wasn't ending, but it may as well have been. It started with sun flares. The sun flares couldn't have been predicted and it was only minutes before their heat scorched the Earth. First the satellites burned out, and thousands died instantly. Millions soon died within a few days. Miles of land became wasteland. Ecosystems fell apart.

Then, as a control method, governments of the world created and released a horrible disease. It spread like wildfire. It effects the brain and drives a person to insanity. It's called the Flare now. The Flare was released in order to control the general population during the horrible times of the sun flares, as well as to cut population, due to the destruction of food resources by the sun flares. Cities were destroyed. People were dying, the world no longer a safe place to live.

After the Sun Flares, the remaining governments of the world combined their resources to create an organisation, known as WICKED (World in Catastrophe Killzone Experiment Department) for the world was in desperate need for a cure. And they had extreme methods to find it. All they needed was 1% of the population that were immune and are very valuable, and some non immunes as control subjects.

A/N:

This is a brief history of the sun flares and the Flare as told in The Kill Order and The Maze Runner, just so you have an understanding on what happened to the world and how and why the Flare was unleashed. If you haven't read the books, this is a spoiler.

The GIF is what a solar flare looks like.