05 → "IMPLANT"

05 "IMPLANT"

December, 2141.

ADELINE WOKE UP to a face peering down at her. The person just happened to be Dr. Hughes, greeting her with her warm smile like she did when Adeline first met her. As Adeline laid there, she felt very peaceful, like her body was floating.

"How're you feeling?" Dr. Hughes asked.

"Peaceful." Adeline replied.

"That's the dose of drugs we gave you for. It'll wear off soon." Dr. Hughes said.

"What did you do to me?" She found herself asking; she never quite got the chance to process what they were going to do to her before she was knocked out. Dr. Hughes shushed her.

"Try not to speak. The drugs will take you under again shortly."

"No." she slurred, feeling woozy. "Tell me. What did you —"

"Please do what I say." Dr. Hughes looked irritated now. "Its for the best if you don't talk for now. Now, I think it's best if the drugs put you back to sleep, hey?"

Before Adeline could speak, she could feel the drugs pulling her back under. Until she was finally out cold.

Adeline's head healed somewhat quick. She had her head bandaged up for a few days, and was out on bed rest for a week. Finally once she'd healed and was able to get off bed rest, she was put back into classes and tests.

"When do I get to meet the others?" She found herself asking. David peered back and gave her an ugly smile.

"Soon." he replied. They got to the front of a door on a different floor to her normal classes and tests, and David unlocked the door. Adeline guessed why they were here before he could tell her, and started heading inside the room before he could order her to do so. David shut the door behind her and it locked. The room was like a meeting room of sorts. There was a round table with numerous chairs, and a tray of glasses and an empty jug for presumingly water sat on the table. Seated on a chair at the table was Matt, who she hadn't seen since their second catch up a week ago. Adeline sat besides him instead of across from him like the other two times they met.

"Hey." she said, sliding into the chair beside him.

"Hey." Matt replied. "How're you feeling, since the implant they did?"

"Better." she replied. "You?"

"Besides the slight headaches I've been getting, I'm feeling a lot better." Adeline had been getting headaches, too, since the implant. But they were minor and passed very quickly.