chapter forty-one

Alice Harper

he left and i went back to what i was doing.

that was it.

i didn't know what to expect, i haven't even thought much about that and what, if anything, it had to do with geoff.

before today, i haven't even considering telling him about what really happened that and why i'm being so weird about having sex with him.

it's clear that he's been wondering, but he's to respectful to question it.

that's the thing though, he's extremely respectful and a sweetheart. he's had his crazy nights and all, but that doesn't change a thing.

all he's ever done is be kind and caring for me and i only leave him to wonder and worry.

he deserves an explanation for most of this, he's deserved one since the morning of the rape.

it's not that i don't trust him or care about him or anything, i just didn't think it really mattered to anyone else.

it is my business, but then again, in a relationship in the real world, a majority of secrets are barriers between the two lovers.

i haven't been right since my dignity and self respect were taken away.

i haven't been myself since before i hated my own skin more than ever before.

i haven't been fine in what feels like like an eternity since part of my was taken away by a complete stranger.

part of my soul, part of my mind, part of my body, part of me.

i've never felt so weak in my life, so vulnerable.

i can not let one obstacle define the rest of my life, i can not and will not continue to avoid the world.

i need to be strong because alice harper is not a weak woman.

she never was and she never will be.

and as soon as i open up about what happened, i'll have someone to help me take back my life.