chapter nineteen

Alice Harper

"dude it's freezing out!" I shout to geoff who was walking back to the apartments in the snow.

he was so weird at times.

in only a few weeks the weather had flipped around leaving us with a ton of snow and minimal sunlight.

but hey, my first semester of my last year of school ever was now over. I loved art school, I wouldn't have continued to go through with it if I didn't love it, but sometimes I'm just ready to be done with it.

"you don't have to continuously offer me rides alice, I am perfectly capable of waking." he says while finally getting into my car.

"I get that you enjoy it, but it's too cold." I explain.

"more or less." he says.

how does that even make any sense.

"just call me if you ever need a ride, if i'm not busy i'll give you one, it's not a big deal." I say.

we had recently, more so finally, exchanged phone numbers. I have gotten to know him pretty well, but he still doesn't like to talk about his friends, his family, or his band.

he had played at my work again tonight and so I wasn't really sure why he didn't just ask for a ride in the first place.

he lives directly above me, it's not out of my way.

I tell him this and he just laughs, "you're something else alice." he says.

"what are your plans for the holidays?" I ask him.

they were coming up soon and I was genuinely curious about what he had to say.

he starts rambling on, telling me vague details about his plans but I wasn't able to focus on what he was saying.

my current main focus was on if he saw us as only friends.

I knew he only saw us as that now, but, is that all?

"what are you going to be up to?" he asks.

I had completely missed everything that he said before hand and I felt bad, "eh, just going back home for a few days."

"does your family live far from here?" he asks.

"only about a 40 minute drive, but it wouldn't be worth going back and forth. besides, my family is always hectic around the holidays." I conclude.

"do you get along with all of them pretty well?" he asks, I wasn't sure if he was just trying to keep the conversation going or if he genuinely wanted to know.

"I would say so, we all have our issues with one another but at the end of the day we all love each other and that's what matters the most." I tell him.

"so I probably won't be seeing you much for this next week or so, hang out when we're both back?" he asks.

does he even need me to answer?

"of course! can't wait." I say as I park my car.

we walk up to the door together, "thanks again alice." he says, holding the door open for me.

"anytime, literally." I tell him.

I go into my apartment and he continues going up into his own.

authors note:
things have been kind of slow with them so that's why I skipped ahead a little bit, be ready for the next two chapters, THEY'RE GOING TO BE CRUCIAL. anyways, thanks for everything guys! don't forget to check out my awsten fan fiction if you haven't yet :)