chapter twenty-four

Alice Harper

it sure as hell wasn't an accident.

I mean, i'm sure you could accidentally kiss someone, but that wasn't the case for this situation.

nothing changed that night afterwards, we hung around till around 2 before heading home and then going our separate ways.

now it's was the first day of the year officially and I had the worst hangover ever since my teen years and a few questions along going along with the night before.

actually, more so only one big one, what does that make us?

like the kiss? and that night? what are we?

and I thought high school drama was confusing. now for once i'm in the middle of it, but it's not even high school anymore.

this is real world confusion.

I mean, obviously I can't just ask him what it meant, especially not right now because he was probably just as hung over.

is he going to bring it up though? or am I going to have to?

I really hope I don't have to, I'm awkward enough as it is.

I can't even imagine trying to bring that up, it'll be hard enough talking to him about it alone.

why do I have to be this way? why can't I just be a normal person about this situation? why do I just have to over think absolutely everything and anything?

I bring my hands up to my head in frustration, causing even more pain, "dammit!" I shout out.

here's to the new year.

a rough start, but it's going.

"chloe, kitty, you didn't get your special meal last night." I coo to her, on holidays I try and give her a special food as a treat so that she can celebrate as well.

she looks up at me with caring eyes before falling back asleep, I wish I could do that right now.

but I need to adult, I need to deal with finance things and figuring out boy confusion, which is more or less adulting.

I close up all of my blinds and decide to live the life of a hermit today in attempt to avoid a massive migraine. motrin would be my best friend today.

•••

a knock at my door startled me enough to make me fall out of my chair.

I was just sitting down at my desk trying to figure out after college plans and I managed to knock all of my papers over in the process.

"just a minute." I call out, hoping that who ever would actually be able to hear me.

is it bad that I was hoping for it be geoff? but also at the same time, hoping it wasn't?

I quickly pick up all of my papers and try to keep them in the relatively same order that they fell in, in hopes that they would still be somewhat organized.

then I sit my glasses and pen down on to my desk and hop over to the door. I have to unlock all of the locks before having the ability to open it considering I hadn't felt the need to do any of that so far today.

"hey alice, happy new year, mind if I come in?"