chapter two

Alice Harper:

"I have to get this done!" I shout to myself as I'm frantically trying to finish a small sculpture for one of my classes.

it had kind of been thrown under the bus though because I had been busy and looks like abstract art...

I was going for a cat.

lesson learned, for about the 30th time without exaggeration.

sometimes waiting till the last minute helps on my projects, but in this case, it does not, and it's due tomorrow.

the thing is, it's really tiny and it wasn't going to come back to me, so my thoughts were, what's the point?

art does mean everything to me though, I don't know where I would be without it, this single piece makes me look bad, but in reality, I care so much about almost everything else. almost.

"good thing painting is my specialty," I mumble looking down at my sculpture, it was made of wire.

it wasn't that bad, but it did not look like a cat.

it's going to be a hell of a time trying to write an artists statement for that. I try to fix little bits here and there but it's already pretty solid.

I look up at the clock and see that I have work in an hour, "shoot," I shout and run to my room where I practically throw off my clothes.

changing was easy, but I still had to do my makeup, it was only serving at a bar. I had been hired solely for my communication skills and just had to come to work looking like I had tried to make myself look decent.

the words of my boss, not my own.

when I tell people this they usually assume I'm a stripper, which offends me on so many levels.

obviously working at a bar wasn't amazing or my dream job, but I could only make so much money with my art at the moment with having class and most of my projects going to that.

and along with that, I had a limited schedule for working.

I'm fully clothed, in black faux leather leggings and a black tube top.

I don't have to dress this way, hell I could wear my usual outfits and be just fine, but dressing up gets tips.

I finish my makeup and add a little jewelry extremely quickly and throw on my shoes before running out the door and down the stairs.

I make it half way down before realizing I had forgotten my jacket, purse, and to close the door.

second time down the stairs I am fully ready and my door is actually shut, thankfully I still make it out on time even though I had to run to my car that was parked behind the building.

so inconvenient.

either way I get in and take off right away.

so I arrive right on the dot.