Epilogue

Seven Years Later

We're heading home. Well temporarily anyway. And it's not like we haven't been home before in the last seven years. But this time it's for a special occasion. Ally and Scott are getting married, and of course they wanted their best friends there, to be their best man and maid of honour. This wedding has been two years in the making. Ally and I have spent endless hours on the phone, as have Stiles and Scott.

I'll never forget the night Ally rang me, to tell me Scott had proposed. We laughed, we cried, and there was definitely some squealing involved as well. We spent two hours on the phone that night. I lean my head against the small window of the aeroplane, Stiles asleep next to me, snoring softly. This wedding is going to be magical in all its simplicity. With at least another hour on the air, I think about my life over the last seven years.

I took Stiles to New York last year for his twenty fifth birthday, and as much as he enjoyed my city, it was a little overwhelming for the country boy. Getting used to Brisbane, was a mission in itself for Stiles, a city like New York, scared the hell out of him. We get back to the station as often as we can, but with both our jobs being so demanding, visits have been few and far between, lately. We did however get back, to celebrate Noah and Melissa's wedding three years ago.

We had only been in Brisbane for a year when Gus passed away. That was a heartbreaking time for everyone. Especially my Aunt. He died from a major heart attack, while he was helping my mare Misty, give birth. My Aunt seemed to lose all hope after that. Her mind started to become distant, and she refused to leave her room for weeks. Chris has since taken over the running of the station, with the help of Scott, Noah and Derek.

Speaking of Derek, he somehow convinced Braeden to move to the station, from her busy life in Alice Springs. No wedding plans for them, yet, but we're all keeping our fingers crossed. Isaac moved to New Zealand with Cora, when her mother passed away. We hear from him all the time, and they're making the trip back for the wedding as well. Ally has taken over all of my Aunts duties and Scott is the onsite vet.

And Me and Stiles. Well, I graduated with a bachelor of science -with honours, specialising in biological sciences -research and drug development. Stiles is a qualified mechanical engineer, he also graduated with honours. We work long days, but we come home to each other every night, so it makes it all worthwhile. That's not to say we haven't had some trying times. We seperated once for six months, it was the worst six months of my life.

The dinging of the seatbelt light overheard, brings me out of my trip down memory lane. I shake Stiles awake, and I can't hide the smile on my lips, at how much I still love rumpled Stiles.

"We're landing babe." I say, placing a kiss to his cheek.

He stretches his arms above his head, making his shirt ride up a little. My insides twisting, at the sight of that trail of hair leading down into his jeans. We may have been together for eight years, but Stiles still knows how to rock my world. And little glimpses of his body, still create an excitement low in my belly. He clicks his seatbelt into place, and then takes my hand and squeezes tight, accompanied by that smile I love so much.

We're barely through the arrivals gate, when I'm almost tackled to the ground by my best friend. We hug fiercely, and I smile as I watch Stiles and Scott embrace over Ally's shoulder, a large grin resting on Scott's face. I have to remind myself sometimes, that Stiles and Scott are more than friends. They've grown up together, they're more like brothers, and not because their parents are married.