I had let her see me cry. I hate crying. Especially in front of her. She probably already thinks I'm weak enough, and every time I cry it shows how weak I am.

"Austin." She walked into the room, shutting the door. "Please. Just talk to me."
"I can't." I whispered, shaking my head.
"You're my mate Austin. I want to help you. I don't think you're weak. You're the strongest person I know. You're alive right now after everything you went through. And that's what makes you strong. You may have scars, but I don't care Austin. You're scars are a part of you. Which makes them perfect. I don't care if you haven't trained your entire life to be some big, bad, strong alpha. What matters to me is that you're here, that you're safe."
"I know." I said.
"No. You don't know." She said, shaking her head as tears ran down her face. "I've been terrified of being Alpha, of being Queen of Wolves by myself. I've doubted myself for a long time. And then I found you. And you made it seem like anything was possible, like I could conquer the world. I just need you by my side. And I want to be here for you, Austin. I know you're hurt. I know you're not okay. And I know it'll take a while until you're okay again. But I want to be here through it all with you. All of the tears, the bad dreams, the sleepless nights, all of it Austin. But I can only try to help if you'll let me."
She whispered the last part before turning around and walking out of the room.
She's right. We both know she's right.
I wanted to try to be strong for her, to avoid her getting hurt.
But I've only pushed her away and ended up hurting her anyways.

"Makenna." I called, walking downstairs.
I looked in every room, but she wasn't here.
And then I found a note in the kitchen.
Austin,
I've gone to Allen's pack.
Him and I need to have a little chat.
Adrian came with me so don't worry. Sadie is at Adrian's house if you need something.
Stay home and stay safe please.
-Makenna
"Shit." I mumbled, dropping the note and running to Adrian's house, knocking on the door.
"Sadie!" I yelled, banging my dust against the door.
She opened the door and looked at me like I'd grown a second head.
"Austin. What is it?" She asked.
"It's a trap Sadie, They're walking into a trap." I said.
"What do you mean?" She asked, seeming a bit more frantic.
I walked inside as she opened the door wider.
"My dad. He left the note for Makenna to see. He knows how she is. The minute he defied her by stepping into her land he knew she'd want to teach him a lesson. She's going with Adrian right now. They're going to die." I explained, short of breath after saying all of it.
"They'll be okay, Austin." Sadie said after she had a minute to process what I said.
"It's a trap." I said again, hoping she'd understand why I'm concerned.
"I heard you the first time." She rolled her eyes. "But what I'm saying is they'll be fine. I know Adrian can take care of himself. And Makenna, she's the strongest girl I know."
"I know." I nodded, thinking about what she said. "But my dad, he has tricks. He isn't good at fighting, but he's good at traps and tricks."
"But Makenna's smart." Sadie said, trying to be optimistic about this. "And so is Adrian. They took warriors with them too. I promise they'll be fine, Austin. They'll be home in a little while and we'll be here waiting for them."
"I can't just sit here and wait." I shook my head, walking back to the door.
She grabbed my arm as I opened the door, pulling me back a few steps.
"Don't do that. If something does happen then Makenna is safer with you here."
"How?" I asked, looking at her.
"You can't fight yet. She can. She will do much better at protecting herself if she doesn't have to continuously look after you. You'd only be a distraction until you learn to protect yourself."
"I can protect myself." I said, looking away.
"Austin." She said. "We both know you can't. I mean it in the nicest way possible. You're my friend, I want you to stay here where it's safe. Makenna can handle it."
"But she shouldn't have to." I said quietly.
"But she will and there's nothing you can do about it. She's a very independent girl."
"I know." I nodded. "But I just don't want her to get hurt because of me." I said, shaking my head at the thought of her being hurt.
"This isn't your fault." Sadie said quietly. "This is Allen's fault. But if you try to intervene she'll be too busy looking over her shoulder every second to make sure you're alive that she will end up getting hurt. It's safer here, for both you and Makenna."
I looked up, staring at her for a minute before sighing in defeat, realizing she's right.
"Okay." I nodded. "We'll wait here."
"Good." She said as we walked outside and sat on the porch. "How have you been, Austin? And I mean really, how have you been. No lying."
"It's just hard." I shrugged. "I don't want to be weak. I want to protect her, but instead she's on my fathers land trying to protect me."
"It'll be okay. It takes time, but I know you'll be okay." She said.
"I know, but it's not okay right now. And I don't know when it will be okay. It sucks not knowing.
Sometimes little things bring back memories. It's as if I'm back in that attic and nothing has changed."
"But that's the thing. Everything has changed. You won't be okay immediately. But I can assure you Makenna will be there every step of the way. I haven't known her too long, but I have a good feeling about where we are. You should too." She said, smiling softly.
"I know." I nodded, giving her a small smile in return. "Thank you, Sadie."
"Anytime Austin. I know what happened in Allen's house. I'll always be here for you."
I nodded and looked up at the sky.
Sadie's worried, I can tell she is.
But she's always been the type to shelter others. She puts everyone before herself, she's always done that. When I was in the attic she would always bring me food whenever she could, even though most of the time my dad would find out and she'd be punished. She knew helping me was a risk, but she did it anyways. She was the only friend I had and now we're both out of that situation.
I'm happy Adrian is her mate.
I'm happy that she's happy. She deserves to be happy after everything that has happened.
But right now she was trying to make sure I'm okay even though she's sitting right next to me as worried as I am about Adrian and Makenna.
I didn't say anything, I decided it'd be best to just wait quietly.
So we sat there in silence, staring down the road as we waited for them.
Hoping that they're okay.
-----------------------------------------
A Trap?
Is It Really A Trap?
Or Is Austin Just Paranoid?
Will Makenna And Adrian Be Able To Handle Whatever Allen Throws At Them?
Keep Reading ;)
I Love You All!
Until Next Time,
"You Were The Lightning And I Was The Tree. Your Words Were The Fire That Burned The Best Parts Of Me."
-Allenah<3