baby blue

Lloyd Dobler

for: nineteenslayties

rating: fluff

--

     Un-forbidden love. That's all most love stories are. Either wicked or with an ending of pure despair. That's the reason many lovers believe in the end of love. Believe it doesn't exist and end with the words: "love, love, love. What's it good for? Absolutely nothing."

     New love is the one that makes this world go round. The rapid and a typical feelings. Cliche butterflies in one's stomach. Weak knees, head over heels with the other. When love appears you never know what's going on.

     Your clothes become a mess and when you realize, it's too late as you've already made the one you love laugh. Just to hear that simple angelic laugh, you won't care enough to run home and change.

     For weeks and months these two saw each other. Spent time together as friends though they both knew they wanted something else. The way they held each other as they tried to pass it off as a friendly hug. It was inevitable to say they weren't in love with each other.

     Driving around to get to a veteran, Lloyd sighed looking at his little furry friend who had swallowed a few pebbles after staying outside for a while. Oh how he loathed the fact of staying away from his beloved mutt.

     Slightly patting his brown set of fur, the male carried his dog towards the inside of the location. With an expression of sadness, he got to the counter waiting for the one to attend him.

     Coming from the depths of that vast place, a tall blonde came around with a smile. "What's wrong with the little guy?" She sweetly asked petting the dog as it slightly wept. Mesmerized by what he later calls her: "angel from the heavens." Lloyd wasn't able to answer.

    His tongue was stapled to the bottom of his mouth, his lips sealed with cement, his eyes dripping from stargazing, his chest beating too hard that his whole body was as hot as therapeutic water springs.

     With a wave across his observational face, y/n shook her head smiling at him. That was only worse as he felt like he would stay in that same place for centuries if he didn't snap out of it, but he did as he heard the loud cries of his mutt.

     "Here Benny had thought pebbles were dog food and now suffers the pain of 'food' poisoning. I welcomed him to the human world, but instead he started crying. I guess he realizes we don't have quite a great life." Giggling at his response, y/n nodded.

     "We really don't have one unless we make one or imagine it." She responded taking out her equipment to check on the miserable dog.

     Her simple giggle and voice was enough to make him want to cry along with his dog. Oh how he had found himself to like this girl so soon.