Chapter 21

Her eyes were wide and head filled with confusion.
"W-what?" Y/n asked but the girl already left.
'When did she-?!' She asked herself, turning around to see if she was still in the room. She went outside the classroom to see if she was in the hallway but as she turned her head to left, her view was blocked. By something.
"Miss y/n, class is just about to start. Please take your seat and pay attention. Today's lesson is important for next week's exam.
" eh? An exam?" Y/n blinked twice.
"Yes, so please pay lots of attention. I'm going to give you this: today's lesson takes 70% of the exam's score." The teacher said and then he went to his seat and opened a book.
"A-ah, yes, thank you! Mis...ter..... Er....." Y/n mumbled the last part, not wanting her teacher to find out about her not knowing his name.
'He never told us his name... At least I don't remember.' Y/n tought as she took her chair and sat down.
'Subaru-kun still isn't here... Is he skipping class? And today's such an important lesson... I guess I'll take notes for him and teach him when we get home." Y/n said as she opened her notebook.
'As if he'll want to. He'll only yell at me, telling me to go in my room and leave him alone...' Y/n said, sweat dropping.
"Now, everyone, please pay attention." The teacher said and everyone, including y/n started paying attention, well, most of them. Jonathan was whispering to Sara and she giggled. They were totally not paying attention.
15 minutes already went by and y/n was doing her best at paying attention and understanding what the teacher was teaching. This subject was one of the hardest but y/n didn't want to be mainstream. Everyone hated math. But she wanted to master it. Since one of her dreams was to become an architect. So in order to become that, she needed some math.
'I am not gonna fail this test! No mater what!' Filled with determination, y/n even wrote down ideas that the teacher said without writing them on the blackboard. Her scrambling was loud and it made the teacher glance at her and smirk. He then went back to his lesson, saying the last formulas.
"All right class, don't forget that this is a very important lesson for next week's exam so make sure you study. You're dismissed." And with that, every one closed their notebooks, except y/n who was studying her notebook as if it was a piece of art. Her handwriting was pretty and the most important formulas and definitions were highlighted with f/c.
She smiled at her work and heard someone giggle. She quickly turned her head in the direction the voice came from and saw her teacher smiling.
"I see you're very serious about the exam. Don't tell anyone about the 70% part of the exam." He said and winked while smirking at y/n, making her notice something weird about him. His canines were big and sharp.
'It looks like a vampire's.' Y/n thought. She couldn't ask him if he was a vampire. That would be dangerous and maybe he just had natural weird canines from birth. She saw humans with weird teeth before. So maybe he was a simple human with special teeth. But his aura and glance was weird. The teacher noticed her studying his face so he smirked wider.
"I think you'll do a great job. I have faith in you. Go for that A+, y/n. I know you can do it." The teacher said and grabbed his bag and left. Y/n blinked a few times and looked to see if anyone was around. The classroom was empty, only she was inside. She quickly grabbed her things and went to grab some food.
She made her way to the cafeteria and looked to see anything catch her eye. There weren't that many types of dishes and sometimes the vending machines had better things to eat. She searched her pocket for any money but she found nothing.
'Crap!' Y/n thought as she was searching every pocket she had. She found nothing. She looked disappointed.
"Forgot your money home?" A voice interrupted her. She quickly snapped her head to look at the owner of the voice.
"A-ah! Yes... Unfortunately, I forgot to take some. At least I have a banana in case I'm dying of hunger." Y/n said and the teacher giggled. He searched in his left pocket for a second and took out some money. Y/n's eyes widened.
"Here, i'll pay for you." He said as he gave her enough money to buy a satisfying meal.
"N-no! I couldn't possibly accept this!" Y/n said as she refused the money.
"It's fine! I don't want you to starve." He said as he took her hand and opened it, placing the money on her palm and closing it, making her hold the money. She looked at her hand and narowed then smiled.
"T-thank you, you really didn't have to do it, Mister. I am very grateful. " y/n said as she bowed in respect, to show her thankfulness.
"You're welcome. Now go and buy something. Time's running out and you'll have to go to the next class." He said smiling.
"Oh, by the way, aren't you living with the Sakamaki's?" He asked, rising an eyebrow.
"Yes, I am. Why are you asking?" Y/n said.
"Subaru-san skipped class and I haven't seen you with any of them today. Shouldn't you be with them?" He asked, looking curious.
"I don't know where Subaru-kun is either. I don't really have to be with them as long as they know where I am." Y/n said, playing with a strand of her head.
"I see... Please show Subaru today's lesson. Help him pass this class." The teacher said, rubbing his temples.
"Yes, I will!" Y/n said determined.
"Good, now, I'm going. Goodbye, y/n, we'll see each other again, soon..." He said with a small wave and left.
"Goodbye mister." Y/n said back then looked at her hand and went to buy food. Since she had enough money, her eyes were shinning at the most delicious thing that was there. She bought it and also some soda and a small dessert and some chocolate cookies.
"I better not gain any weight after this!" Y/n said and as she was about to take the first bite, a voice interrupted her again.
"For sure you're gonna get fat after that."
Y/n's eye twitched, feeling annoyed.
"Subaru! Where were you?!" Y/n asked him, annoyed.
"I don't like math." Subaru said as he sat down at her table.
"That's not an answer! Where were you?" Y/n asked again and took a bite of her food.
"I was on the school's rooftop. Why do you care anyway." Subaru said.
"Ih dooo cwhare!!!" Y/n tried to speak with her mouth full.
"Stop talking with your mouth full. You're spitting on me." Subaru said, not really sounding pissed. Y/n's checks reddened a bit.
"Hmpf." Y/n pouted making Subaru blush a little.
'What is this, I feel weird!' Subaru thought as he glanced at y/n pouting with crumbs on the corner of her lips and her cheek. He pushed it off and closed his eyes.
"Wipe your mouth, you eat like a pig." Subaru said as he threw at her a handkerchief.
"Ughh!!! Subaru!! You're annoying. You never ate something that delicious that even your checks want to taste?! I'm having a good time enjoying my food and you're ruining it!" Y/n pouted again.
"Alright, I'll let you eat then. Bye." He said as he sat up. Y/n quickly grabbed his hand and forced him to sit down.
"No! Don't go! Stay with me!" Y/n said, looking at Subaru with puppy eyes.
Subaru blushed and made an annoyed face.
"Fine, eat already!" Subaru said as he crossed his arms against his chest.
Y/n smiled sweetly at Subaru.
"Thanks!"