Chapter 17 •She's An Angel•

"Charlie!" I yelled "Are you home? I read the letter; I'm here for my daughter!" I yelled while knocking on the front door of the Walters residence. I hadn't been there in a long time, I fact the last time I visited was when Tori was alive.

Evie stood by my side. I had asked her to come, she was the only one who knew about Olivia and I needed someone by my side right now. "Maybe he isn't home Gabe. We can try again tomorrow."

I shook my head "No. I am not going anywhere without my daughter. I've already missed so much time with her, I'm not missing anymore."

Evie simply smiled "You'll be a great father Gabe. I can see why Tori loved you so much. You’re a great guy; most guys I know would have ran from this."

"I could never do that." I sighed "Olivia is a piece of me and Tori; she's the last thing I have of Tori. She wanted me to look after our daughter and I'm going to do that." Evie gave me a bit of a look that had me sighing "I'm not just doing this because Tori told me to; I'm doing this because I want my daughter to know me." I smiled "I haven't even met her yet but I love her already."

Evie smiled "Well nobody is stopping you." She stepped forward and began to bang her fist against the door. "Hello! Anybody-" She was stopped mid-sentence when Mr. Walters opened the door.

His eyes widened in surprise when he saw me before the realization drowned on him. "You know don't you."

I nodded my head "I'm here for Olivia. Is Charlie here?"

Mr. Walters sighed while shaking his head. “You didn’t hear?”

“Hear what?” I asked curiously.

“As soon as Charlie graduated he bought a new house and moved there. Charlie doesn’t live here anymore.”

My eyes widened while I started to panic “Well where is he!? Where did he take my daughter!?”

Mr. Walters chuckled “Don’t worry Gabe. Charlie only lives ten minutes away from here. I’ll write you down the address so you can go there now.” He then walked inside the house and grabbed a piece of paper and pen.

Evie looked at me and smiled “I can see the fatherly instincts popping up already.” I couldn’t help but feel my cheeks get slightly warm. It was embarrassing but it don’t think Evie noticed because she didn’t say a thing.

When Mr. Walters came back he handed me the piece of paper with Charlie’s address on it. He looked at Evie for the first time before looking back at me. “Are you two-“

“No just friends!” I replied instantly, I didn’t want Tori’s father to get the wrong idea. It’s only been a few months since Tori’s died, there was no way I’d move on that fast.

Evie smiled “I’m Evelyn; it’s nice to meet you.”

Mr. Walters gave her back a friendly smile before he turned to face me once again. “We should probably go. I’ve waited too long to read Tori’s letter and I’m not wasting any more time.”

“Tori was right about you. Take care of my granddaughter and make sure to visit.” He smiled.

“Anytime.” I replied before both Evie and I returned to my car and began to drive to Charlie’s house. I had no idea what to expect when I see Olivia or Charlie for that matter. I had heard so many stories about children who were given to close family friends for a little bit while the parents tried to prepare themselves to take care of their child and then when they were finally ready the child wasn’t given back to them because the family that took them in became too attached.