Chapter 16

I needed to get some fresh air. I was very excited to have Skylar as my personal coach, I was beyond excited. But I was caught off guard by Tyreek asking me to be his girlfriend. I heard about Tyreek, and I wasn't trying to be put in a type of situation where I was hurt.

After all, I was finally beginning to love myself unconditionally.

Just then, Tyreek walked out of the door.

"Yo, what was that about? You made me look stupid." he spat.

"This ain't even about us, is it? Or is it just about you?" I asked.

He looked down at his feet.

I sighed. "Wow, you're full of it." I told him.

"Yep, and I'ma do me and you do you." he mumbled. "I could be with whoever I please."

"And when I'm gone, I don't go back. You were cute, you just weren't that cute, for me to sale myself to you just for props." I said I walked to my car.

As I opened the door, he grabbed it. "This what you wanna do?" he asked.

"I'm getting into my car, aren't I?" I questioned him.

I closed my door and cranked up the car. Then, everyone ran out the gym trying to see where I was going. I sped off before they made it to the car. It's so funny because Tyreek said that I always pushed people away, but I never had a choice. I felt that no one could see my true value. Boys only valued my physical features. While girls, just turned on me.

I was on a mission, I was trying to fill in the blanks on my own. I had my mother, but I didn't have my father. So I was my own father. I was always hard on myself, I was always focused on my work and I made sure that I stayed healthy so I didn't have to wear make up.

1 Year Later........

I was starting my first year at Harvard University, majoring in Biology and Psychology. I hadn't had any connections with my past and now I was on the road to being successful. And most importantly, After all these years, I LEARNED TO LOVE MYSELF.