Chapter 5

When I got to the game, it was thick! I seen people EVERYWHERE! I didn't know where to go! I had on a Miami Heat crop top from Football finatics, some jeans, and my red and black 4's. I had gave myself a Chinese bang and high bun.

Nothing too over the top.

I was walking to the entrance when an arm came around my neck and began chocking me, I was able to break loose, revealing Zee.

"I could've shot you!" I yelled.

"With what, a water gun?" Zee laughed.

We walked to the entrance and instantly all eyes were on us. I looked down to see if it was something on me or something because I never get stared at. As me and Zee walk into the gym I hear this girl say,

"Ion know who they think they are!"

And I turn around a give her a smile with a wink. Apparently she doesn't know who I am, but I knew she didn't want to find out.

As soon ask entered the Gym, I seen William dunk! I laughed as his little body moved up and down the court. He was so small! But he could ball. As we took a seat in the bleachers I got hungry!

So Zee mind I decided to go get some food from the concession stand. Zee ordered some chicken and fries. I didn't want anything but some skittles.

After we'd payed for our food I moved to the side to wait on Zee's order. A finger taped my shoulder and I turned around to see Jamal's homeboy, Dale.

"Hey Sis! "

"Wassup Dale!!"

"Man nothing. But you know Jamal is over there!" He said pointing in Jamal's direction.

"Yea I see. He's too busy entertaining the group of females around him. So I'll see him another time." And just like that ,I walked off.

Making our way back to the gym it was a crowd of people trying to get back in. I ended moving back. and I stepped on someone's shoe. I turned around to see who it was, it was Jamal.

"Oh hey Jamal. I ain't mean to do that." I apologized.

He just stood there and sized me up and down. As a girl walked past , he bumped me out the way and started staring at her ass.

"You're a disrespectful nigga!" My girl Zee yelled at him.

He just kept walking.

Once the game was over, William made his way over to me and Zee.

"Hey ya'll thanks for coming! I know y'all seen me balling!" he said.

"I guess..." Zee said.

"I mean you alright, but you ain't got nothing on me!" I kidded around.

"Yea yea yea!" He said.

"I gotta go. My moms outside!" Zee said.

"Alright Girl!" I said as she left.

"What's wrong Lyric?" William asked, "Usually you're always with Jamal chilling?"

"It took some time to realize that Jamal, just wasn't the boy for me Will, no one is." I assured him.

"Well what can I do?" He asked.

"Do what?" I asked confused.

"To make you smile Lyric! You're too smart, beautiful, goofy, and amazing to still be getting hurt. He's not worth the pain. I know this for a fact. You need someone to love you for you. You act like I don't see you walking around here, flexing, you do it so you can feel that love." He preached.

William's mom interrupted our conversation.

"Hey Lyric! Will its time to go, I have to work in the morning."she said.

As William walked away, he turned around and shouted, "Babygirl you gotta love yourself first!"

And he left me standing there..... Wishing I could just scream