Chapter 6

I laid in bed, staring at the celiling. I couldn't help but think about what happened at the game with Jamal.

Damn, was I that blind? I asked myself.

I didn't come to think that Jamal would do me like that! I grabbed my DNA headphones and plugged them into my phone.

"Ohhh if I could go to a time when you only held me in my mind....." Civil wars blasted as my phone vibrated. I picked it up, seeing Jamal's name on my screen.

Jamal- Lyric??

Me- Yes?

Jamal- You looked so good tonight. Seeing you made me want to work on our relationship.

In my mind, I start using every word on the book of foul language. Why would you dog me out and then text my phone? Nosuhhh🚫👎

So I texted him back....

Me-You need to go somewhere will all that

Jamal-wym?

Me-You ignored me and not only did you ignore me, you disrespected me. And relationship?? I don't see that at all no more.

After that, he didn't text back. I was glad.

I wasn't going to be taken for granted. I figured, the best way to get someone's attention was to stop giving them mine.

I refused to be played. So I started running my own game.....

When I woke up, I had a text from Jamal.

Lord what does he want from me? I pleaded.

I unlocked the phone to read his message.

Jamal- Good morning Lyric😘 I apologize for last night. I was being very anti-social. I shouldn't have been that way. I really care about you even though I be Tryna act all tuff💪

I started to smile

Me- Good morning and I accept your apology. I'm sorry for tripping .

And I did it again! I'd fell into that trap!

I threw my phone at the wall and screamed. I was slowly but surely falling hard for Jamal, and I had to stop that right then.