Chapter 3

I stood outside DTLR hoping that Jamal was going to see me standing there. I turned around hoping to catch his eye, and I did! He just glanced at me and kept on with his conversation.

My grandma's house was about 15 minutes away, so I took the chance and decided to walk. There was no way in hell that I was going to wait on him. I'm not the type to chase, I'll replace yo ass just like that!!!

About halfway to my grandma's house, a car pulls up on the side of the road, near me. "Lyric? Why you left?" It was Jamal. I kept walking. Cars behind Jamal kept honking the horn, obliviously he was causing traffic. But he didn't care.

He got out the car, trying to get me to talk. Just then his phone vibrated. I looked down and seen.....

Baeee❤️👫😍💯😂 calling him.

"You're full of it you know that!" I yelled. And I started running instead of walking.

I refused to make a fool of myself.

Now if you're asking, "are y'all together?" The answer is NO. But after so long of having someone tamper with your feelings, playing with your emotions, you start to feel like y'all are together , when in reality y'all ain't got nothing!

You were that girl before? Yea I know, I was too.

I made my way to my grandma's house. I seen the 300 in the driveway, So I knew that she was home. I was thrown back by the smell of fried chicken, Macaroni, Greens, beef stew, cornbread, don't forget the Peach Cobbler and Sweet tea.

"Grandma Pat!!! I know you cooked me some food!" I said as I hugged her.

"Girl this is for Sunday's dinner but I already got ya plate right there!" She laughed.

"So since you all happy and what not, can I hold Mercedes or nah?" I asked.

"You wreck my car, girl you gon be working three jobs!" She yelled.

"Chill chill Grandma, I got this!" I played round.

"Chill? I'll hit you in back and have you looking for your change! La'girl you don't know me!!" She yelled, putting up her set.

"Maybe I don't know you!" I giggled as I walked out the door.

I wasn't trying to get hit, not after all them stories my moms told me. No ma'am, no turkey, no ham!