Chapter 15

"This how it's suppose to feel like in the night time....." Partynextdoor blasted through my speakers as I drove to the gym.

Gianni had texted me and told me to meet her at the Legends center for a SUPRISE.

I was kind of worried because I didn't know what she had planned.

When I arrived to the gym, it was vacant. It looked like no one had been there in years.

I decided to call Gianni to be sure of the location and I got no answer.

So I got out the car and I made my way to the entrance. I grabbed on door and it was locked.

"That's weird" I said. When I pulled again, the door opened.

When I walked into the gym, only one light was on. There was. Chair in the center, where the ball is tipped off.

As I got closer to the chair, I seen an envelope sitting on it.

I opened the card and it read, "I've been waiting for this moment for a while. "

I looked up when I heard footsteps, "Whose there?" I yelled.

"SUPRISE!" a group of people yelled. When I turned around, I seen Gianni, Zee, Sy and a group of people from my school.

Just then Skylar Diggins appeard. "OMG!" I screamed. Zee walked up to me, "Lyric, this is your new personal basketball coach! you got an WNBA star!" She yelled.

"How can I repay you guys?" I asked as I teared up.

"Don't thank us....thank him!". Gianni said with excitement.

I turned around and looked at Tyreek.

"Every since we were in 8th grade, you dreamt of meeting Skylar, I know it meant a lot to you." he said.

Then, I let the tears fall. I seen Ty dig into his pocket and he pulled out this crumpled piece of paper.

"I've had this note since second grade. I still wanna know....." he told me.

I opened up the letter it said, "Your hair smells like strawberries and flowers, and you have big pretty eyes. can you be my guhhfriend?"

I started laughing. "Sooo?" he asked.

I stopped laughing and Ieft the gym without saying a word.