"Can I borrow your phone"

Everyday for the past 3 months Ren walked. It didn't really matter where as long as she was gone. It was the same routine for her. Everyday. She spent the first 30 minutes walking to the park closest to her house, stopping only to buy a drink form the small store near her house.

Today, of course, was no different. She left her house at exactly 8:45 and walked. The only thing different about her walk tonight was the boy she saw.

He was sitting on a park bench. The same park bench Ren usually sat on. Since he was there Ren decided she would find a different bench to sit on. She wanted nothing to do with him or anyone for that matter. This was the only time she got to herself. At least that's how it seemed. It was the only place he left her mind. 

"Can I borrow your phone?"

Act like you didn't hear him. That's all she could think. If he thinks she didn't hear him maybe he would leave. 

But he didn't.

"Please? I promise I'm not like a bum or anything. I just need a phone. I need to call my friends to pick me up."

Well I guess that didn't work. Just be nice Ren. What could go wrong?

"You don't have your own phone?"

He chuckled and shook his head, "Not on me. I do have one though it's just at my house. At least I guess it is. I don't actually know anymore." 

Ren took her phone out of her pocket and gave it to the boy she saw standing in front of her. He walked a short ways away and she could faintly make out the conversation he was having. Honestly, she knew it wasn't any of her business, but she could see that whatever it was they were talking about wasn't going so good.

He was tall, at least compared to her, and she had to admit he was strikingly beautiful. He had brown hair that flowed down his neck and brown eyes to match. His smile was lopsided but the teeth underneath were perfect. He seemed like the kind of person that you couldn't say no to, no matter how hard you tried. 

She was still staring at the boy when she heard him groan and hang up. She immediately looked away, trying to make it look like she wasn't staring at him.

"Thanks." The boy said starting to walk away

"Are they coming to get you?" Ren asked

"Unfortunately not. They said I had to find my own way back. My fault for always messing with them I guess." He grinned at her a little while he said that.

She thought it was cute.

"I can take you to a main road if you want. So you can get a ride?" She was trying to offer but it sounded more like she was questioning everything in her life all at once.

"I don't have any money on me. I wouldn't be able to get a ride even if you did. But thank you." 

He started walking away, looking for some way home.

"I'll take you." She offered. She knew it was a mistake and it would only ruin things for her.

He looked at her. He had this questioning look on his face like he thought she was insane.

"So, you're offering to give a complete stranger a ride to who knows where?"

She shrugged at him. "I guess. You don't seem all that scary honestly. I mean you're about to accept a ride from someone you don't know. So it's kinda the same thing"

He looked at her again but this time he only nodded at her. "I'm David." He said smiling.

"Well David, where am I taking you?" She asked

"I'm hoping it's not too far, but LA."

She looked down at her phone to check the time. 9:17 pm.

"I guess we better get going then. We're only about an hour away. Depending on what part of LA you need."

Ren looked at David again. Smiling lightly as he looked at her. She wondered what he did to his friends that made them not want to come pick him up. What kind of a person was he. She was curious about him.

"So I saw you walk in here. You do have a car don't you?" He questioned.

She chuckled lowly at him. "Yes I have a car. We just have to walk to my house to get it."

She started walking again with David following close behind her. They walked in silence until they finally got to her house.

Ren pointed to her car. "That's mine. Go stand by it. I've got to get my keys."

David only nodded at her and walked over to the car. But he watched her as she walked away. As she walked into the house to get her keys. He wondered why she would blindly offer him a ride when she had no idea who he was. She was obviously not a subscriber. So there was no way she knew him.

"David? Are you ready?" Ren asked already getting inside the car

He nodded at her again and got in the car.

"I like it, He said "the car"

Ren smiled at him, "It's a classic. I don't know how you couldn't like it."

They sat in silence again. For awhile it was nice. David watched the trees from the window as they drove by. Ren watched him. She was still curious about him and he was curious about her.

"What's your name?" David asked finally breaking the silence.

"Ren. My name is Ren."

They smiled at each other again and Ren turned on the radio.

Maybe it's not so bad not being alone. Ren thought. And for awhile it wasn't bad.

**Pls vote/comment/follow! All is appreciated :)
Ps Ren is now in the media at the top :)