Chapter 41

(Gemma's POV)

She was discharged later that night; neither her or Luke had mentioned anything else about the pregnancy. The doctor had asked what they wanted to do but none of them had a clue; they were 17 for fucks sake and Luke was just making it big in his band... This wasn't the right time. Gemma had told the doctor she would have to think things through, she just wanted to get out of there. Luke was lay beside her on the bed, his fingers brushing against her hand. 

"Gem?" he finally spoke, rolling over onto his side to face her. She mirrored his movements so that they were face to face; his sparkling blue eyes fixed onto hers and his breath tickling her face. She didn't reply straight away; she knew what was coming next and she wanted to do everything in her power to hold off this conversation for as long as possible. Luke pushed his hand up her shirt and rested it on her stomach, a sweet little smile spreading across his face.

"Don't, Luke..." Gemma pleaded, pulling his hand away from her. If Luke was happy about this then she would be pressured into making a decision, her head was such a mess. 

"It's in there right now... A mini you. A mini us" His voice was so soft, it calmed her nerves and she found herself focusing on his lips and the way they parted as he spoke. "What do we do now?"

"I have no idea but this isn't going to work, is it?" 

"Why not?"

"Luke" she sighed, "Your band are just starting to make it big, you'll be off on tour all the time and I'm going to be like a 17 year old single mum, stuck with a baby and no career prospects for myself. I'm not ready to be a mum, Luke. My head is a mess and I'm a wreck. I can barely look after myself" 

"It won't be like that! You can bring Amelia along and-"

"Amelia?"

"That's going to be her name" he beamed, moving his hand back onto her stomach and giving it a gentle pat. 

"Don't do that, Luke. For fucks sake, you're making things harder!" Gemma sat up and pushed him away, she didn't want to argue with him over this because she couldn't quite accept what was happening.

"Aren't you happy?" 

"Do I look happy? Of course I'm not! My dad is going to kill me, we're 17 Luke."

"You don't need to keep telling me how old we are, I know we're 17 but this is happening, Gem... And I dunno, it's scary but it will be amazing. This baby will be ours, something that we made together" 

Gemma couldn't understand his reaction; he was a 17 year old boy who was in a popular band and yet he was excited at the prospect of being a father. Anyone else in his shoes would run a mile, but then again, Luke was one of a kind. How were they going to tell their parents? They hadn't even mentioned anything to the boys yet, it didn't seem real. 

(Flashback)

"Is it much farther? My feet are killing?" Gemma sighed, trailing behind Smokes. He glanced back at her and raised his eyebrows, "What happened to no more questions?" he smirked, "It's only around this corner" 

Smokes had been telling the truth, they stopped outside of a large warehouse. The windows had been put through, the walls had been filled with graffiti and yet there was still a flicker of light coming from inside. 

"You live here?" Gemma asked, starting to feel a little bit anxious. She had followed a random man from the streets back to a derelict warehouse and she had no idea who would be waiting in there or how many. 

"Well, we have been for the past couple of weeks but no doubt we'll be moved on soon" Smokes lead her inside; her eyes flickered around the open space and was surprised that she could only see two other people. One was a small, older woman who was extremely underweight, her blonde hair was thin and greasy and her smile was shallow. The other person was a middle aged man, probably around the same age as Smokes but he was worse for wear. This guy had messy black hair which fell down to his shoulders, his clothes were filled with holes and dirt and his eyes were dark and cold.