Chapter 26

"Good morning, Gem... Jesus, what happened to you?" Justin gasped, taking one look at Gemma's black eye and fat lip and becoming completely shocked. 

"Oh, I slipped when I when I was getting out the bath the other day. It looks worse than it actually is" she shrugged, glancing over at Oliver who was also staring at her face. 

"Okay, well seeing as it's your first day back I'm going to give you an easy task. You're going to choose a playlist for the 11am show, okay? Whatever you want to play, whack it on the list"

That sounded easy enough; she got to it right away, taking up the seat next to Oliver but completely blanking him. He didn't attempt to make conversation, nor did he even look at her and somehow it was freaking her out. She wasn't used to him being so quiet and reserved, something must be going on. Gemma ended up choosing songs that reminded her of Luke and her mum, she even crept the boys song in there and once she was finished, she handed it over to Justin who gave her a thumbs up on her choice in music. The rest of the day passed pretty quickly, Gemma sat in and listened to the 11am show, then for the next couple of hours she found herself on twitter. There wasn't as much hate as she had expected, although pictures of her and Luke kissing at the zoo had been posted so many times. Gemma decided to actually post something herself, nothing too revealing, just a little update on her life. She had gained so many new followers since rumours of her and Luke had spread. Some people were nice and others, not so much. 

'How was ur 1st day back at the station? He didn't touch u did he? xx' 

'No, Luke. He didn't. It was okay, chose the playlist for one of the shows :-) xx' 

'I hope our song was included in that? ;-) xx'

'nope, they don't play shit on the show.. ;-) xx'

Gemma loved winding him up; she found it difficult to go a full day without teasing him about something. 

'u wait till I get my hands on u, cheeky xx' 

Her heart fluttered as she read through the text, what would he do if he got his hands on her? She knew what she would like him to do... The thought of having Luke inside of her... The thing was, she had only ever slept with one person before, and that was over a year ago. What if she couldn't remember how to do it? Oh God, she was panicking now... 

'i'm not scared of u, lucas. just bc u got a lip ring and went 2 jail doesn't mean i can't whoop ur ass xx' 

'didn't say u'd be scared now, did i? ;-) xx' 

-

It was the day that the boys where due home; Gemma had never been so excited in all of her life. The week at the radio station had helped to pass some time, Justin had asked her to stay on for another week but she had politely declined. She didn't want to be around Oliver any longer than she had to be. Luke had been texting her non stop every night and their messages had somehow gotten more and more flirtatious. Gemma had played along but that was only because they weren't face to face; now she was going to be in his arms within a matter of hours she was feeling rather nervous. She had finally made things up with her dad too; he was really understanding about her outburst and the two of them had become closer, she realised he was suffering too and they had to stick together when days like that came around. 

"So, your boyfriend's back today?" Dad asked, sipping his tea across the breakfast table.

"He's not my boyfriend" she replied, wanting to avoid this awkward conversation topic. 

"You better hope he's your bloody boyfriend, having him sat on top of you like that the other week"

Oh God. Why dad? WHY?