Chapter 18

When Gemma woke up that morning the bed was empty next to her; she sat up and scanned the room but there was no sign of Luke. She tiptoed out of bed and grabbed her phone out of her pocket to send him a text, she wasn't willing to leave his bedroom on her own; especially with all of his family sat outside. 

'where are u? x' 

She sat back down on the bed and waited for his reply, it was almost 11am. She couldn't believe she had slept for so long. A knock on the door startled her onto her feet, "Luke?" she asked, hoping it was. Luke's mum, Liz popped her head around the door and greeted her with a smile. Oh god this was so embarrassing. 

"Good morning. Luke's jumped in the shower, he told me to offer you some breakfast. What would you like?" 

"Oh, I'm fine... Honestly." she replied, feeling a little bit self conscious. So he had told his mum about her? That was a good sign... but then again, she had been his friend for a while now so it didn't necessarily mean anything significant. 

"I can't let you leave this house without breakfast, it's the most important meal of the day. How about some toast?" 

Gemma felt strange being around other people's mums, it was a constant reminder that hers wasn't here anymore but there was something rather comforting about Liz. This was the first time she had ever stopped to speak to her, they were always in a rush to get off usually so she agreed to having some toast and followed her out into the kitchen where she took a seat at the breakfast bar. 

"Did you enjoy the show last night?" Liz asked, popping two pieces of bread into the toaster and then reaching over to put the kettle on. "Tea?"

"Umm, yes please... And yeah, it was amazing. I'm going again tonight" Gemma replied.

"I'm going to come and watch tonight, bringing my camera along to get some pictures for when the boys start up their own website"

"That's a good idea!"

"I've been asking Luke to discuss the idea with the boys but you know what he's like. The minute he leaves that door he completely forgets about anything I have said to him..." she pulled out two cups from the cupboard, "Milk and sugar?"

"Oh god yeah, it's not tea if it doesn't have milk and sugar! I take two sugars please" Gemma joked, feeling a little bit more at ease now. Luke strolled into the kitchen in nothing but a towel; his hair was all fluffed up where he had attempted to towel dry it and his body was glistening from the water. Gemma tried her best not to stare; she had to control herself, especially with Liz around but every now and again she found her eyes trailing back towards him. 

"I hope you've made me something, mum" he placed his head on her shoulder to have a peek at what she was doing. 

"Go away. Of course I've made you something as well, now go and put some clothes on and I'll drop you guys off at the venue for rehearsals" 

Once they had eaten their breakfast, Liz dropped them off at the venue whilst they went through a sound check and a couple of rehearsals. Luke hadn't mentioned their kiss and she certainly wasn't going to be the first one to bring it up, so she remained quiet. Her brain was working over time with questions; she wanted to know what the kiss meant, whether it was just a one off again and most of all she wanted to know if he felt as strongly about her as she did about him. As soon as they walked into the room she felt as if all eyes were on them; almost like they could read their minds. 

"You were wearing those clothes yesterday, Gemma..." Michael pointed out, raising his eyebrows suggestively. Oh crap. How could she worm her way out of this one?