4 - Present

I managed to fall asleep sometime after we drove out of the gas station, in the same position Phil had slept in on the way there. It was uncomfortable trying to squeeze my whole body onto the seat, and I couldn't imagine how Phil had felt, considering his body was much longer than mine.

I soon woke up again, when the entire car jerked forward with a thud and then slowly trailed to a stop. I blinked and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes, before sitting up. "What happened?" I asked Phil, who was clenching the steering wheel.

He rolled his eyes as if it was obvious. "Flat."

"Oh." For a millisecond I was glad that Phil had come with me because I had no idea what to do in this kind of situation.

"You got a spare?" He asked when I remained quiet. I shook my head slowly. I didn't think I had a spare. "What about a donut?"

"What? Is the car hungry?" I asked sarcastically. Why would he mention food at a time like this?

"No, you dipshit. A mini spare tire is called a donut," he informed me with an eye roll, as if it was common knowledge.

"Oh. And where would my donut be if I had one?"

He let out a heavy exasperated sigh, before stepping out the car and moving to the trunk. I scrambled after him just in time to see his pull back a plastic lid hidden under the trunk carpet. The compartment was empty.

"Okay, so that's where my donut would be if I had one. Good to know."

He shot me an irritated look before slamming the trunk shut. "Fucks sake, Dan. Who the hell buys a car without a spare tire or a donut? Shit!"

Okay, so maybe that was a pretty stupid mistake. I had no doubt that my dad or my brother, Calvin would think so too. Maybe I should have taken one of them with me when I went car shopping. They seemed to care about cars a lot more than I did. I didn't get it, though. Why was I supposed to pay attention to cars just because I had a dick? They were just boxes that took me from one place to another. I shook the thoughts out of my head when I saw the death stare that Phil was giving me.

"Don't look at me like that. At least I have a fucking car."

"I could get a car if I needed to," Phil snarled, not wasting a second.

"I don't mean steal a car."

"I could buy a fucking car."

"Yeah? With what credit?"

"You don't need credit if you have cash," Phil retorted, giving me a smug smile.

"Cash that you probably got from robbing a bank or some shit," I said, getting desperate now.

"Shut the fuck up, Dan. Stop being ridiculous."

"Where did you get it then?" I knew I should stop pushing, but the words flew out of me like they had a mind of their own. I couldn't stop thinking about the massive wad of £50 notes I had seen in his pocket.

"None of your business," Phil answered, looking away from my prying eyes and down the empty stretch of road.

"Um, I think it is my business when you hijack my car for a ride and take us off course. Is it drug money?"

At that, Phil's head whipped around and his eyes stared at me as if he were trying to boil me alive. "You think I'm a dealer?" He asked, voice surprisingly quiet, as he took a threatening step towards me.