9 - Present

**a/n this chapter is shit i'm sorry, but the epilogue will be so much better, i promise**

My stomach grumbled and I rolled over in bed. Phil's fingers tightened their grip on my side, not allowing me to move any further.

I looked over at him with half opened eyes. His black hair hung over his forehead and into his crystal eyes. He blinked as his lips slid into an easy smile.

"You're hungry," he said, almost as if it was an accusation.

I glanced at the empty boxes of food on the table and shrugged. "We, uh, had sex last night?"

We hadn't talked about it then. Phil had simply ordered dinner and they ate in comfortable silence while watching an old episode of Game of Thrones on the tv. The truth hadn't slammed into me until right now.

Waking up next to Phil proved it.

"Yeah," Phil grumbled and pulled me into his arms. Those hands burned my flesh and I groaned as Phil's tongue explored my mouth. It set alight the waiting fire deep in my stomach. Again.

We'd never get out of town like this.

"We have to check out by 10 am," I gently reminded Phil.

Nonetheless, his hand slipped down my shoulders onto my hips. "I know," he said and kissed me sweetly before pulling away. "Think you can get ready in fifteen minutes?"

I rolled my eyes. "Think you can? Your hair takes longer than mine."

Phil smiled at that, and we finally climbed out of bed.

"We're going to eat something besides fast food today," I said, as I swiped some product into my hair.

Phil slipped a white t-shirt over his head. "Now you're giving me orders?"

"Or maybe I'm just tired of fast food," I smirked back.

Phil smiled again as he slid his feet into his converse. "Fine."

My heart fluttered. What had started as a trip to get away from Phil had turned into a honeymoon of sorts. Life really couldn't get much better.

When we stepped outside the hotel, life seemed to be coated with a new, glossy sheen I hadn't noticed before. The trees were bright and green. The scent of pine and fresh air filled my nose. The sun wasn't overwhelming, merely kissing our skin and warming the air to the perfect temperature.

Even the paninis we had at the small café seemed like fine dining. For the first time since the beginning of our journey, my appetite was back to normal. Phil didn't even glance around the café like a nervous cat. He actually ate at a normal pace and leaned back in the booth when he was finished.

When we were both done, I slipped into the bathroom while Phil went to the car.

The only thing that would make this day better would be if we were already in London.

Soon enough, I guess.

Maybe we'd even have a little touristy day. Take a ride on the London Eye. Watch a West-End musical. Visit an amusement park. The possibilities seemed endless.

After everything we'd both been through over the last few years, we definitely deserved a break.

As I stepped towards the door of the café, I was met with a sight that jolted my entire body. My heart seemed to stop beating.

I ducked behind a booth and peeked out the window.

There stood my childhood bully, Benny Malone. He was standing next to a black SUV that I didn't recognise. Probably stolen, I realised as my heart suddenly started slamming in my chest. Had they spotted Phil or did he get away?