Sixteen

It was the morning after the sun was shining mildly into Normani room.

Dinah laid in silence with her eyes closed, she used her pointer finger to trace small circles around Normani belly button. Her head moved up and down due to The shorter girls Steady breathing " You know you should forgive him " She slightly lifted her head looking up at her with questioning eyes " Your dad you should forgive him " she repeated herself while looking down at Dinah reposition her head back on her stomach.

Dinah laid there looking straight at the wall, her mind was in a lot of places and the last thing she wanted to do was talk about her father.

Normani began to trace her fingers around Dinah ear while lightly chewing on her bottom lip " You know holding a grudge towards him will only hold you back in life " she ran her fingers down the side of Dinah face lightly tucking her hand under her chin and slightly pushing her head up so she was looking at her.

They looked at each other for what seemed like forever both trying to read each other minds.

Dinah studied Normanis face like it was the last time she would ever see her again and she wanted to make sure she never forgotten a single detail. She ran her eyes all over what she could she of her until her eyes landed on the bruise that sat in the middle of her forearm.

She slowly looked back up at Normani to see her already looking down at her.

She reached up and took her wrist into her hand slowly moving her arm in front of her placing a soft kiss where the bruise was placed.

She let her lips linger against Normani skin, she closed her eyes trying not to allow her anger to build up again but she couldn't help it. All she could hear in her head was her father voice telling her " to always protect what's yours " she opened her eyes pulling her arm slightly away from her lips she looked up at Normani then back at her arm " I'll talk to him only because you want me to " she paused moving her eyes up to Normani " But for now let's talk about this " Dinah rubbed her thumb around the bruise " is this the first time he has every done this " she asked clenching her jaw preparing herself for the answer she was about to receive.

Normani tensed up at the question knowing that, that was the first of many. she shifted her eyes over towards the wall not wanting to even answer the question " Baby look at me " Dinah pushed her upper body up further so now her and Normani was face to face " Talk to me is it " she placed her hand on the side of her face gently caressing her cheek " No " She lowly whispered looking away " It has happened a few times "

Dinah didn't say anything for how she was feeling at the moment couldn't be put into words. Normani looked back at Dinah face wishing she could read her mind at that very moment but she couldn't.

She couldn't even tell how she was feeling since she didn't seem to show any type of emotion but she knew she was feeling it. " You want to hear a story " Normani looked at her awaiting an answer but she didn't get one so she went on ahead with what she wanted to say " I had this friend well best friend "

She paused watching Dinah relax a little giving her, her full attention " If you saw them you saw me if you saw me you saw them " Normani gently smiled while searching Dinah eyes " We were like two peas in a pod right up until one summer right before our 8th grade year they disappeared no goodbye I'll see around no nothing " Dinah gripped her hand into hers signaling her to continue " I was so lost when they left all I knew was them nobody else existed our friendship was just that strong so when they up and just vanished I closed myself off to everyone up until high school that's when I had no other choice but to be social and involve myself into activities "

Normani paused taking a deep breath " It was one random day a few months before you had attended, I'm not quite sure of the day but Word had spread around school that we had a new student. I'm pretty sure you know from your own experience that new students around here is a pretty big deal " She slightly smiled remembering everybody surrounding around Dinah her first day there.

" for like two weeks that was all everybody talked about. All I heard was how good they looked and how great their personality was but I still wasn't sold I really didn't care to know who the kid was honestly. Until one day I was walking to my last class of the day, I felt a presence around me but I didn't even bother to look around until I heard someone call my name the voice didn't sound familiar so I continued to walk until they said a name only one person use to call me "

Dinah raised a brow trying to figure out where this story was going. Normani just laid there on her side trying to decide if she wanted to continue the story she never told anyone else besides her sister. She watched Dinah move around before pulling her in closer towards her.

Her every thought towards just stopping and leaving it alone was all erased with that single action she knew she could trust Dinah so she continued " like I was saying nobody else called me this name so I turned around just to be faced with a grin and a set of eyes I could never forget. But something was off it wasn't the same person I met in elementary school. I just stood there in shock and confusion until they walked up to me looking around making sure it was just us standing there in the empty hallway. We stood there looking at each other I mumbled the name that matched the futures that I remembered which was Desi just for him to say no Derek "

Dinah sat up in the bed with her mouth wide opened she couldn't believe what she had just heard she was flabbergasted " Are you telling me what I think you're telling me Normani " Dinah looked at her shockingly just to see Normani still laying there calm " Yes I'm telling you that Derek is transgender "

Don't worry Derek appointment to catch these hands hasn't been cancelled yet

Chapter 5 makes all the sense in the world now.