||Chapter 59||

"So you are telling me there is more of you?" My father's voice wafted through the speakers of M's car. M hums.

"Yeah, we've been around." He answers plainly. I sat quietly beside M as he had a full blown conversation about the supernaturals as well as himself on a whole. He had finally gotten comfortable and was opening up to them. I think Maximus had took a liking to my father.

My eyes travelled along the silhouettes of tall trees as we drove down the hill. It was nightfall no doubt and we were on our way to a restaurant. The same restaurant Greyson had took me to, but this time, it was all in the honor of M and his new found prime. A birthday ordeal to be exact.

I was jittery and nervous to say the least. I wanted to go but at the same time I didn't want to. Funny, as I was all excited this morning. But, it was dawning on me now. My month was over. I had ignored them long enough to know that this was the last straw and that I knew I had to have an answer tonight. I mentally sighed.

Was I really ready to get married?

Don't think of it like that K. Think of it as something beneficiary to M. It's all for him. If you love him you'll do what you have to. That is, marry him. Keep him happy.

I was ready. I chanted in my head. Glancing over at M to see him laughing at something my mom said made me gulp. Hell no I wasn't. I loved him yes, but to get married seemed like too much of a big step. We weren't at that level of our relationship. But I guess you have to do what you have to do. Happiness comes with great sacrifices. And so does love.

"You okay Kadymaiyen?" M whispered softly. I glanced over at him.

Nodding, "Yeah, why would you ask such a thing?" What a stupid question. But in all technicality I had to say something.

He chuckles. "You've been quiet the whole ride. Did I do something?" His eyes filled with worry. I smiled.

"I'm fine M. No you did not do anything. I'm just not really in the mood." What a stupid answer. It's his birthday and you are going to say you're not in the mood. What kind of girlfriend are you? Before he could react I added, "I'm just kind of sick...motion sickness."

Realization dawned on him as he slowed down. I smiled before blowing a kiss his way. He went red. Turning back to my previous gazing, I stared out into the dark abyss. Motion sickness was the least of my worries. Weezy or not I still had to come up with an answer.

An answer I was dreading.

"Baby, we're here." Maximus announces softly. I sat upright as I ran my gaze along the prestigious restaurant. A beauty it was indeed.

"Thank you" I kissed M on his cheek as he helped me out of the car. Behind us my parents and Nate came to a halt. Exiting the car they made their way over towards us, awe struck.

As I said before. A beauty it was indeed.

"Wow! I'm so excited!" Mom gushed as she shook failing miserably to conceal her excitement. My father smiled before grabbing her to him. Nate was just silently glancing around, if not rather cautious. He might be comfortable with M but not with M's family, considering what had transpired a few weeks earlier.

"Um, if you follow me please." M gestured towards the door before he took my hand delicately into his and guided me to the entrance. I went red.

We all made our way inside the restaurant, meeting the maitré D at the front desk. He smiled greeting us and bowed his head in respect at M as if it was a silent deed needed to establish who was superior. I bit my tongue.

Maximus motioned for him to lead the way. Trembling like a leaf, the man stumbled towards us. M nods his head and the man hurriedly led us to our designated seats. As we shuffled deeper into the restaurant I realized that it was fairly empty. Infact, it was empty. The dinning area was dimmed with lit candles scattered at various unoccupied tables.