||Chapter 9||

Even though I managed to make it through the day without breaking down again, I was still dreading the thought of going home. What if M was there? Was he going to forget about what happened earlier? Was he going to come to his senses and apologize for how he had hurt me? I was so caught up in my thoughts that I didn't hear Nate calling me. I gazed over at him.

"What's the matter K? I've been meaning to ask you this from lunch" Should I tell him? He already knows about him, so it should be easy to explain right? Wrong. If I voiced my complaints about M's behavior, Nate would get riled up about it and start ranting. He would disagree with the relationship that M and I have, considering the fact that we knew not a thing about M. He would demand to know why I'm so worried about what M does and why does it affect me in any way. I would ask myself that question too, but maybe it's just because I care about him?

"Nothing is wrong Nate" I brushed him off. I really didn't want to talk about it now becuase I knew for a fact that I would succumb to my tears and be a mess again. I knew my actions were irrational considering the fact that M and I were not together, but it did not change the fact that I had feelings. Feelings that M had hurt.

"Kadymaiyen Suano, do not lie to me" Nate demanded sternly. His face red with anger as he gripped the steering wheel mighty hard. His knuckles turned white as he glared at the road ahead. I would say I was scared but I'm used to his protective behavior. I placed my hand on his shoulder comfortingly. He gave me a side look as his nose flared.

"Nate don't worry about it. I'm fine"

"You're not fine! And I can't sleep at night knowing your not" I smiled. He always worries himself about me. Ha! Who am I to talk, I worry about Nate as much as he worries about me. "I swear I'm fine" I went on to say, crossing my fingers in my lap because I had just lied. He blew out a breath as I patted his shoulder.

"Just promise me you will be okay and that when you are ready to vent you will call me." Forcing a smile I nodded. He looked at me again before looking back at the road.

The rest of the car ride was in silence as none of us spoke or made an effort to. When he pulled up to the house my heart started hammering in my chest. This is it. This was the moment I was dreading. The living room light was on so I knew that He was there. God give me strength. I sat there not attempting to get out, I just sat there frozen. I heard a sharp intake of breath beside me.

"It's him isn't it!" My head whipped around to come nose to nose with a now heated Nate. His eyes darken with anger. "Is he touching you K?"
Taken aback by his question I stared at him. That was not the best decision as he took my hesitation for an answer. Nate stormed out of the car towards the house. Frightened about the whole situation I rushed after Nate. It look as if he forgot about how M froze him the last time, without much problem I might add.

Stumbling up the driveway in my heels my feet felt like they were on fire. Rolling my eyes at my stupidity of keeping the darn heels on, I kicked them off and raced inside the house. I heard yelling from inside the kitchen so I speed-walked towards it.

"Why the hell are you here?!" Grey shouted. If Grey was here, that meant M wasn't. I blew out a breath I didn't know I was holding. Atleast I didn't have to worry about encountering him tonight.

I stood at the entrance watching them. "Because I f^¿king want to" Nate cursed. Both were in each other face, fists clenched, nose flaring and eyes dark and clouded with anger.

"Get out!" Grey demanded. Knowing how Nate would react to this I rushed in between the two and placed my hands on each of their chests. They looked down at me, eyes looking wild and teeth gritted together.

"Move" they both ordered. I huffed and slapped them. They didn't even flinch but I still did it. "Don't you guys dear fight in my house. Say your sorry." Petty I know, but still I said it.