||Prologue||

EDITED

I was dead tired. Those were the only words which could describe my state right now. Why did I even work late tonight? I should have just carried home the paper work, but in my mind I was just saving myself from doing any type of work related thing this weekend. But all in all, my eyes were drooping and my hands were slipping from the steering wheel.

It was not until the car swerved over towards the edge of the rocky cliff my eyes shot wide open, now alert to my environment. The car jolted to a stop as I struggled to breathe. The realization of nearly meeting my death got my nerves in a frenzy. You're such an idiot Kadymaiyen, why in the living hell would you overwork yourself, knowing you would be dead tired driving home in the dead of night along a rocky cliff? The cons of living on a hill away from civilization. Well almost.

I hated loud, crowded spaces and this was one of the reasons why I invested into a hillside condo after a couple years of saving. I loved having my own space. The peace and quiet was like no other when I wasn't around people. The city was just not for me. Too many noises and uneasiness.

I looked upwards breathing deeply. You're not going to die today I pepped myself. I started the car again and swerved into the middle of the road. I didn't have to worry about oncoming traffic for no-one lives this far from the city but me. I sighed softly as I glanced around the lonely road, anything could happen to me and I'm so far from civilization that I would probably die waiting for help. But what is the worst thing that could happen, hmmm?

Suddenly I heard the whistling of strong winds. The trees started swaying wildly and the leaves scattered into the road, swirling around in circles. I screamed loudly, lifting my hands from the steering wheel to cover my face as the leaves started to beat down on my windshield. The car swerved to the right of the road nearly going over the edge of the cliff, if it wasn't for my quick reflexes the car would have tumbled down the rocky hillside. Now that I am thinking about it, I should have kept my mouth shut. I didn't want to know the worst thing that could happen along this road.

I stopped the car and started peering under the windshield, where is this coming from? It never said on the news that it would be this windy. In an instant of thinking this, a swirling combination of leaves, broken trees and twigs along with remnants of the earth came spiraling towards me. My eyes bulged as I fumbled with the locks to open the door. No matter what I did, it wouldn't open. You stupid, stupid lock! I screamed in my head. Everytime I pressed it to open, it was actually locked. Work you stupid lock, work!

I looked up as it got closer, it was so huge, I was going to die today. I sat back tensely and closed my eyes, no point in fighting fate anyways. Really and truly, I never thought my day to go would be like this. I started thinking about everthing. I thought about my family, my friends, that I actually came to love. My love life, I didn't even get to call Grey and tell him goodbye. All the things I've deemed irrelevant in my life now seemed important. Thinking about it, I didn't even get to finish or matter of fact start my bucket list. I just came to realize that life is more precious than ever.

I sent a quick prayer as I stared at what would be my ticket to heaven. There was a strong force that jolted the car backwards making it swivel around in circles. My head banged about on the steering wheel as excruciating pain rippled across my body. As the car swivel around wildly, I drifted in and out of consciousness. The last thing I saw after being hit by another force was a body barreling towards my car in the misdt of the tornado.

I knew it was probably foolish but I managed to squeak out Save me! Although I'm pretty sure he's the one who needed Saving.