||Chapter 42||

"...I saw him and from there on out we were like..." Katelyn stared at Drycen with a love struck look in her eyes. "Inseparable." Drycen smiled at her.

So cold.

...Like a damn blue.

I forced out a giggle as I shoved the fork into my mouth. The food tasting like paper on my tongue. I was not feeling this lunch in the least and I wanted to go home.

The way she had spoke about him I didn't expect this. I didn't expect him to be so closed off and cold. Yes, I do expect him to be closed off towards me and Mannie, for he doesn't know us other than Katelyn's little stories, but considering that he and Katelyn were supposedly close I expected him to show her more affection than that of a smile. Yet again, maybe he only showed her affection when their alone.

Even if that was the case, I was still waiting for an action more endearing than a stupid smile. The little time we have been here the only thing I saw him do was smile at her. She kept on rambling about how good their affair was going and how much they feel for each other. Every time she puts him on the spot as if to ask if he loved her or felt deeply for her he would give her a narrowed look. Like he was warning her not to bring it up. I do understand that what they are doing is wrong, but if he keeps on leading her on and making her think that she has a chance of being his wife in the long run, she will get even more hooked. If she is so inlove now, imagine how much more inlove she will be when he keeps on coming back.

But all in all the question was that, is Katelyn just a mere f^¿k? Is she just a easy hit it and quit it? What does she mean to him? Does he consider her as something dear to him? Or does he just want an easy sl•t so that he can scratch his h~rny itch and fulfill his carnal desires that torment him?

Temporary.

That was the only word which can describe their affair at this moment. Temporary. That thing they got going on behind closed door was only going to last for a couple of months; if it even lasts that long.

I watched the others engage in a conversation about Mannie's store and her up coming fashion line. Well to be specific, it was just Mannie and Katelyn. Drycen was only sitting there listening. I glanced down at my plate as I gently stabbed a piece of pasta. Placing it inside of my mouth I quickly took two chews before swallowing. It would have tasted better if the lunch wasn't so...uncomfortable. I reached for my glass of water before taking a sip.

My eyes nearly fall out of their sockets when I saw Drycen staring at me. His eyes were slightly narrowed as he analyzed me. I nearly laughed but I held my composure. My face blank of emotions; only if one of the girls glance at me I would manage to break it with a fake smile.

The both of us had a stare off before Katelyn reached up and kissed him on the cheek. This broke our little contest as he glanced over at her and smiled. See? A stupid smile. Katelyn and Mannie started squealing.

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes. Can't anyone see the signs? Or maybe it was just because I was now wide awake to the world and its lies. The trickery of love. Nothing was ever as it seems. Too bad I learnt this the hard way.

"Aren't they just goals?!" Mannie squeals. She looked at me and I gave her a crooked smile. She jumps in her seat as Katelyn went red, holding onto Drycen's hand. And even now that she was showing him so much one sided affection his cold eyes were on me.

"Hmmm," I raised my water after I took a sip. "Indeed they are." I forced out. I nearly choked on that lie.

When we had the conversation about this affair I didn't really think anything of it as I was going through a similar situation. But now, my mind was jumbled with confusion. How could Katelyn not see these signs? I sighed. How can I judge her? I was in a relationship for a number of months with only one sided feelings present. I was the only one showing affection, but now that I have learned I wanted to warn her, but I kind of knew what love did to the mind. Katelyn will think that I'm just jealous of her because I couldn't see M and I wanted a relationship like hers. Even though the truth was far from that, she wouldn't believe me. Plus, she was so inlove with him; she was blinded by love to even see a flaw in him.