Three Words

Lunch break starts and they both stand up. She walked out first and he followed.

"I'm Eunwoo." He said coming up next to her. "Cha Eunwoo."

"Lee Jisu." She smiled slightly.

He was at a loss of words. He thought her name was beautiful.

"Nice to meet you." He said after a second. "Want to eat together?"

He was upfront and she liked that.

She decided to agree and they went to lunch together.

Little did she know, who he was.

They walked into the lunch room together, all eyes on the two of them.

Girls looked at her with envy. Boys looked at her with lust.

They got in line, and they were silent. Awkward, as eyes were on them.

She quietly asked, "What's up with everyone staring?"

"No idea.." He said but didn't mean.

He knew why. He was the school's flower boy.

Voted the most handsome guy the past 3 years. Every year he got girls confessing and he had to let them down as best he could.

Until one day he started telling people he had a girlfriend and that was the reason why he had to reject girls' offers.

He noticed a girl walk up to him in line and he knew what was coming next.

The girl was none other than, Park Hana. One of the many who have crushed on him for years. When she heard the news that he had a girlfriend, her heart broke, but unlike some, she continued to crush on him.

"Is this her? Is she your girlfriend??" Hana crossed her arms and looked Jisu up and down with a disgusted look on her face.

Eunwoo, about to deny the comment, is stopped by the voice of Jisu intervening.

"And if I am? What's it to you?" Jisu said with confidence in her voice and a glare in her eyes.

Hana, at a loss of words, didn't know how to respond because she wasn't expecting Jisu to talk back.

"You could do better." Hana said to Eunwoo before storming off to sit back down.

"I'm sorry..." He apologized and Jisu said not to worry about it.

They finish getting their lunch and sit at an empty table towards the corner of the room.

"I forgot silverware. I'll be right back." She said as she got up and started walking back.

When she got her silverware and was on her way back to the table, a foot stretched out, causing her to trip and fall to the floor.

Eunwoo noticed and immediately got up to help her.

"Are you okay?!" He says.

Those words echoed in her ears as they sounded familiar to her.

She was silent as they walked back to the table, leaving the snickering voices behind them.

She was lost in thought. She had heard those words somewhere. "Are you okay?!"

"That's actually the second time I've helped you up today." He said continuing to eat.

She looked up. "Huh?" She questioned.

"This morning...you tripped and I helped you up." He said.

"Ahh. Thanks..for both times I guess." She pushed the thoughts aside and convinced herself that was where she might have heard this words before.

A small part of her protested and insisted on hearing those words somewhere else but she decided to move on and continue eating her lunch.