Two Beautiful Eyes

A year past and the divorce was official.

She was to move to Seoul with her mother, and her brother was to continue to live in Busan with their dad.

The new apartment smell was there as she walked through it. She got to her room and wept.

This was her new life and she was not prepared.

-----
"Have a good day at school." Her mom said as she kissed her on the forehead and sent her off to her first day of school.

"I've never been a new kid before." She thought to herself as she walked from street to street.

Outside the gates of her new school, she tripped and her bag next to her had spilled open.

She hurried to clean it up as she felt she was late already. She seemed to be late to everything as she had a horrible sense of time.

He, on the other hand, was always on time but something happened with the bus that made him late.

He walked up to her and offered a hand unknowing of who she was.

She accepted and bowed quickly not looking up at him and then she turned around and started walking as if nothing happened.

"It feels like...it feels like this has happened before." He thought to himself as he checked his watch and then proceeded to rush in.

She walked into class as the bell rang and apologized for being late. The teacher told her to come up to the front for introductions. After she stated her name, he walked in.

He did the same as her, bowing and apologized for being late. He took his seat and once he looked up at the girl at the front he froze.

He took in her features and realized where he knows her.

"Busan..." He whispered to himself.

That's right, he had met her on his family vacation in Busan. He was the one to save her from being run over and hold her in his arms.

Of course she looked right past him. Didn't know who he was.

As fate would bring them together for the third time, she sat next to him.

He watched as she sat down and she smiled at him. Her honey colored eyes crinkling a little as she smiled politely.

His heart beat made a pound and he cleared his throat, ignoring it, as the lesson started.

Ever now and then he would glance at her. Noticing the way her hair falls and how she brushes it back.

The way she nervously shook her foot anticipating class ending.

Class after class until the bell rings does he realize his page barely had anything written on it. His thoughts were somewhere else.

During break he decided to make a move.

"Hey...um I zoned out during class, would you mind if I copied your notes?" He turned to ask her.

She smiled and agreed and handing him her notebook.

He thanked her and started copying.

She noticed he works fast. His hand is speedy but precise as his handwriting is neat.

He finished within 10 minutes as he had to copy a few pages worth of material and hands her back her notebook.

"Thanks again. I'm--" He started but was cut off by the sound of the next teacher. He gives an awkward smile as he turns back to the front.

He decided to start fresh with her and try to become friends. He doesn't want her to know that he was the one to help her that day.