A sense of curiosity rushed through Diana as Liam spoke - or, well, yelled - those words. She had always sensed something from him but never thought he bore feelings towards her other than pity. No one bore feelings for her other than pity. Doubt pinched in her guts as she took in his words and she shook her head.

 "I think you should leave," Diana points to the door as a sob threatens to escape, "now."

 What seemed to surprise Diana even more than his confession was the fact that after staring at her for a moment, Liam got up and sighed before walking out of her apartment. He had left.

 Something he'd promised he would never do, and something she denied. Something she wished he hadn't done either.

 "I talked to Liam," were the first words that came out of Debby's mouth when she met Diana outside of her apartment building a week later. Avoiding her best friends patronizing stare, Diana continued to rummage through her purse, pretending to look for something.

 "Diana, did you hear me?" Debby asked, only to be met with a blank stare. Huffing, she stepped towards her friend and grasped her thin arm. "Why did you do it?"

 Shooting Debby an incredulous stare, Diana groans and lets her purse rest on her shoulder before ripping her arm from her friends hold. "What do you mean, Deb?" Diana asks, emphasizing Debby's nickname as though it could be used as a warning. Watching as her red haired, curvy framed best friend rolled her eyes at her, Diana grits her teeth in attempts to hold back the fowl language that threatened to be spoken.

 "You know exactly what I mean," Debby says, crossing her arms and stomping her black-heeled feet on the cement, "now tell me, out of all people, why would you be so rude to Liam?"

 As the wind began to pick up, she pretended to not hear what Debby said and began trotting down the sidewalk towards the café down the road, since Debby had insisted they'd go there for brunch. Hearing a sigh and the clip-clap of her best friend's heels following behind her, she can't help but feel a sarcastic smile appear on her face. 

 Seeing the café in view, Diana can't help but remember when she and Liam had sat in a booth behind all of their friends, and the way he had looked at her that day. Internally cringing at the fact a stupid café reminded her of him, she shook the thoughts away and turned towards Debby, who was only a few steps behind her. She couldn't help but feel jealous at how beautiful her best friend looked, even with the wind smacking her in the face.

 "So why did you insist we come here again?" Diana asks, her voice seeming to float away with the wind when Debby ignored her. Following Debby as they walked into the café, she stopped when she looked towards the booth they were walking towards.

 Feeling another groan leave her lips, Diana cursed herself for agreeing to go when she was met with the glares of four very angry boy band members. Heaving in a sigh and keeping her face blank, she continued towards the table until she was right beside the booth.

 "This feels like the family reunions I'm always tricked into going to," she stated, crossing her arms and raising an eyebrow at Debby and the boys. Watching as Louis rolled his eyes, she scoffs. "Well? Is this some kind of reunion I wasn't told about?"

 "No," Louis answered, sending Diana a glare, "just sit down so we can order the food already, will you?"

 Muttering curse words under her breath, Diana pushed her hair behind her beanie, which she never left her flat without, and sat beside Harry, since he seemed to be the less angry one out of the others boys. After speaking to a waiter and ordering their food - a small fruit salad for Diana - they all sat in an awkward silence. Picking at a fray in her jumper, Diana felt a gaze on her and looked up to be met with the patronizing brown eyes she thought she wouldn't see for a while walk through the café.

 "Is this some kind of reunion?" Liam asks, ironically repeating what Diana had said when she walked in. Suddenly aware of Deb's and the other boys smirks being thrown at her, she ripped her gaze away from Liam and sunk into her seat.

 After an awkward meal - with Liam constantly throwing glances towards Diana, who kept on picking at the fruit on her tiny plate - they were all sat staring at one another, waiting for someone to break the silence. Feeling as though no one would, Diana decided to take means into her own hands.

 "So, why are we all here, exactly?" She asks, twirling a piece of blonde hair between her thin fingers. Avoiding Liam's gaze, she rested her eyes on her guilty looking bestfriend.

 "It's an intervention," Zayn explains, quirking his eyebrows, as though it were the most obvious thing in the world. Feeling her heart jump to her throat at his words, Diana's attention automatically went to Liam, who seemed to look as panicked as she felt.

 "What do you mean an intervention?" Liams asks, his voice rasping. Crossing his arms across his chest, which helped accentuate his toned arms - which is not something Diana wanted to be distracted by at the moment- he rested his stare on Niall, who continued to shift around in his seat. "Niall?"

 "Well, we all kind of got together and decided you both needed to talk about things, and since we all are fully aware you don't have the balls to do it for yourselves, we decided to do it for you," Niall answers, his Irish accent accentuating each word.

 Rolling her eyes at Niall's words, Diana takes her gaze off of Liam and gets out of the booth. Throwing twenty pounds by her plate she quickly walks towards the EXIT door of the café, not turning back when she heard Liam calling her name behind her. Walking away from her problems seemed to be the only thing she could actually do well, and she'd definitely be sticking to it for a while. 

--

(a/n) hi guys so finally an update. wow, what a surprise right? if you're still reading this story you deserve a pat on the back. a lot of people, including myself, aren't a fan of slow updates but i believe that writing takes time, even if it doesn't come out the way you wanted it to when your first started. please tell me if this chapter is a bit confusing to follow since i've had a bit of trouble with constricting my thoughts and easing into different transitions in this chapter. i suck at writing kissing and intimate type chapters so this was kinda (a lot) hard. thank you for understanding and still reasing. ily all..

also, i hit 100 followers yesterday which is pretty awesome. it made me happy, knowing 100 people have taken the time to click the follow button on my profile :-)  

AND, can we talk about how hot and sweet and just damn Liam is????/?

©2013-2014 loushton