Alternate Ending Part 3

You gaze down at the stairs below your feet, the sight instantly sending shivers down your spine.

You only spent a short amount of time in his 'special room', his decency eventually getting the best of him and setting you free to explore the interior of the household. 

Though, this didn't change the fact that you were completely traumatized by the experience. 

It would start with him whispering loving words into your ears, only to inject and force feed drugs into your system right after. Some days, you wouldn't even be able to move your body, while other days, he would feed you pills that got your body way too excited to be around him.  

Himuro turns his head around to face you, a bead of sweat running down his forehead.

"... Do you think you could lose the gun...? It's making me really nervous," he asks in a gentle tone. 

"That isn't happening," you respond firmly, a wry smile making its way to your face. "It's the only way I'll be able to feel safe in front of you." You continue to probe the barrel of the gun into his ribcage, inwardly telling him to continue to open the door. Himuro sighs in defeat, raising both forearms above his head sarcastically before taking a deep breath.

His hand lingers above the doorknob, eventually twisting it and pushing it open. You flinch, expecting the creaky noise that would expel whenever it was moved. To your surprise however, the door opens normally, and you immediately notice that he changed the used-to-be metal opening to wood.

With the flick of a finger, the various lights on the ceiling illuminate the entire room. You inhale sharply, the objects being something that surprise you completely.

His basement was basically an indoor gym.

Your eyes dart around the room to spot anything conspicuous that may be present, only to breathe a large sigh of relief once you realize there isn't.

"I told you," he states, a sly grin gracing his features. "It's normal. Isn't it?"

You turn to face him, subconsciously lowering your gun as you do so. 

"A little too normal," You retort, running your fingers along the surface of one of the many workout machines displayed around the room. 

"Why do you even need to work out if you're single? Anyone you're trying to impress?"

He pauses, drawing his attention from nowhere in particular to your eyes. "...It may sound childish... But I believed I always needed to look good for someone while waiting for them to return for me." He exhales softly through his nose, the corners of his mouth lifting slightly.

"So, yes. I've been wanting to impress you, even after all of these years."

You stare at him in awe for a couple of moments, not being able to take him seriously. A large snort come out of your nose, that quickly escalates into you bursting into laughter that bellies your years. 

"You're actually such an idiot," You chuckle, gripping your stomach tightly in both arms in an attempt to shield yourself from the pain of laughing too hard. 

Himuro watches you, producing a meek smile of his own once he sees the genuine grin plastered onto your face. Bringing his hand to clutch his shirt—he feels his own heartbeat—the thudding against his chest only rapidly accelerating as he watches you. For the first time in what felt like an eternity, his body melts to the foreign feeling of both love and adoration, the pink tint in his cheeks making its way to his face.

Himuro continues gaze to your direction, admiring you as if you were the most beautiful thing in the world. He whispers words to himself as he watches you laugh, careful enough that you aren't able to hear him.

"There's the smile I fell in love with..."

To be continued...