Chapter Eight: My Protecter

Aliana's POV

Aliana's POV

I opened the passenger side door and helped Ashton into the car. Then I went to my side of the car and got in. I turned to him. "Why me?" I asked him. I didn't feel worthy enough to have someone care about me enough to fight off the enemy.

He ran a hand through his hair roughly. "What do you mean?"

"What I mean is, why me as in like, why do you want to protect me, out of all the people in the world? I'm not worthy enough for a fight, Ashton," I explained. He looked at me. His eyes softened, and he shook his head.

"That's bullshit. You are worth a fight, but you just don't realize it," he said. He was being so sweet. I smiled at him.

"Well, thanks anyways. But just so you know, I could've dealt with him by myself. I have some muscles, too."

He chuckled. "I bet you could've. You're a strong girl. I just couldn't help my protective instincts."

I blushed a little. None of my other boyfriend have ever cared for me the way Ashton does. "Why were you at the store in the first place?" I asked him. It probably seemed like I was trying to change the subject, but I just really needed an explanation.

He chuckled. "Trying to change the subject, are you?" Nope. "Well, I was starving after the whole cabin thing, and I stupidly forgot my cooler that was full of food."

"Ah, okay."

"Why are you here?" he asked me.

"My dad asked me to pick up some groceries."

His eyes widened. "Oh! I'm sorry. I distracted you from your task. Your dad will be mad,."

I shook my head back and forth. "No. No, it's fine. I don't care. He will be mad, but-" I paused. "If I help you clean up, that's all that matters. I don't care if he gets mad. All that matters is... Never mind." I stopped myself before I told him that he mattered more then some stupid groceries for my dad that just sprung a wedding plan on me last minute.

"No, tell me," he said, the smirk making another appearance.

I groaned. "Oh please, not the smirk."

"Okay, how about the dimples?" he asked, a sneaky glint in his blue eyes. I had a weakness for dimples.

"Please, no. I'm begging you." He grinned, making his dimples pop out. I looked away and covered my eyes. "Stop it!"

He winced. "Ouch!"

"What?' I questioned, without taking my hands away from my eyes.

He grunted then replied. "It hurts my lip to smile."

I smirked. "Then don't smile."

He chuckled. "Oh, Alibear. Always stating the obvious."

I still hadn't taken my hands away from my eyes. "Tell me you erased those dimples so I can uncover my eyes and drive."