Eleven

"Is he your type?"
"What?" Ken asked, looking over at Hide in surprise.
"That guy. Is that what you're into? Rich and beautiful?"
"No, I don't...I don't have a type...or whatever..."
"Then why were you talking with him? Again?" Hide asked, smiling but determined to get answers.
"I didn't want to, but he grabbed my wrist-"
Hide turned around.
"Hide? My house is his way. Where are you going?"
"To go beat that silver spoon jackass up," he said, a scary smile on his face.
Ken grabbed his arm. "Nononono, stop, Hide," she said, turning him around. "Look, he didn't hurt me or anything. He just wanted to talk."
"About what? Because I've told you this no short of a thousand times, Ken, when guys say they just want to talk, they want to fu-"
"Hide."
"Get in your pants," he corrected. "Which, I'm not saying you're not old enough to make your own decisions, but let me make this one for you and avoid frat boys altogether, okay? And football guys, and basketball guys, and those sorts cause they're all horny as hell and they'd literally take anything to bed, not saying that you're not a beautiful or a fine conquest or anything-"
"Conquest?"
"But trust me, just stay away from those guys, okay?" Hide smiled sweetly at Ken, but she just rolled her eyes.
"I wasn't going to have sex with him just because we had a conversation."
"That's what you were thinking, but he was probably just counting down the seconds until he'd say, 'Let me give you a tour of my house,' and eventually lead you to his bedroom. And did he give you anything to drink? You know I've told you no short of a thousand times-"
"Yes I know, Hide. If I put it down, I don't pick it back up. Only drink from unopened cans or bottles. And no, he didn't try to date rape me." Ken looked over at him with a skeptical look. "If you're so worried about me, why do you drag me to these parties in the first place?"
His eyes lit up as though he'd forgotten something miraculous. "Look, (y/n)!" he shouted, holding up a piece of paper. "I got a number!"
Ken took the small piece of paper from his hands and raised her eyebrows, impressed. 800-438-5678. Call me ❤️ "Never thought I'd see the day. Congrats."
"That's right!" he said, shouting so his words bounced off the walls of the houses lining the street. "I GOT A NUMBER! HOW DO YOU LIKE THEM APPLES?!"
Two minutes later, Ken started laughing darkly.
"What's wrong?" Hide asked, concerned as he stopped to look over at her.
"438-5678. GET LOST," Ken said, laughing. "She gave you a fake number."
Hide scowled for a second before grinning. "All right then! I'll add it to my fake number drawer!"
"You sad human being."