Five

"I'm Shuu Tsukiyama," Shuu said, introducing himself with a dazzling smile. He wasn't sure why he was introducing himself, though, when everybody obviously already knew who he was.
The girl, however, didn't blush or giggle or any of that. She just sort of frowned and looked to her left, her hands clasped together tightly.
Maybe she didn't hear me? "I said I'm Shuu Tsukiyama," Shuu repeated, still smiling expectantly.
"Okay," she said, but she didn't meet his eyes, just kept scanning the crowd like she was desperately searching for someone.
Shuu blinked, internally shocked. "This is my party," he said conversationally.
"Oh...sorry..."
He waved a hand in the air. "It's fine, really. Always lovely to see a new face, especially one so beautiful as yours."
Aaaaaaand no reaction. "Huh," she said, still searching the crowd.
Look at me, Shuu wanted to say. "So what brings you here?"
"Nothing much," she said. "Just a friend."
That was the longest chain of words he'd managed to break out of her yet. He smiled. Perhaps she was just slow to warm up to people. He moved closer and heard her breath hitch. Perhaps she's trying to hide a romantic feeling for me... Shuu smiled. But of course.
He sat down next to her on the bench, but as soon as he did so, she stood up.
Playing hard to get, mon petit animal de compagnie?
But she was playing hard to get on a level he'd never seen before. She was still searching the crowd anxiously, but who could she possibly be looking for when the most dazzling of them all was sitting beside her?
"Come now, se détendre," he said to her in a silky voice. Girls loved it when he spoke French to them. But why did she only seem more agitated?
Shuu reached up to grab her wrist, and she twisted away, yelling something into the crowd.
"Hide!"
And all of a sudden, the boy she'd come in with, the one Shuu had conveniently forgotten, broke through the crowd, his eyes meeting Ken's. He moved quickly yet seemingly casually to stand on Ken's left so he stood between her and Shuu. Then he looked at Shuu and smiled. "Sorry, we have to go. Great party! Adidas!"
"It's adiós you idiot," Ken said quietly, her lips sealed in a thin line.
"Right, right, adidas!" Then Hide carefully herded Ken towards the exit, not touching her, but keeping close so nobody else could either.
Shuu watched them go. "Qui êtes-vous femme étrange?" he whispered to himself.
Who are you, strange woman?