Nine

"Cmon, it'll be fun!" Hide said, grinning.
"I don't know..."
"Pleeeeease, Ken?" Hide begged, putting his hands together in a prayer gesture. "I'll owe you big time and I promise I won't leave you alone!"
"Hide, you say that literally every Friday afternoon right after you hear about a party that you want to hit."
"Yes but I mean it! Please, my friend, my wingwoman, my amoeba-"
"Amiga."
"-amoeba. Pleeeeeease. This could be the party where I get a number! This could be the party where I get a girlfriend! This could be the party that I end up making out in a closet!"
"Hide-"
Hide got down on both knees. "Pleeeeease. Ken, you complete me. You're the pepperoni to my pizza, the chicken noodle to my soup, the chocolate chip to my cookie-"
"Why are all of these food references?"
"Pleeeease, Ken, my angel, I beg of you."
"Fine. But get up. People are starting to stare..."
***
"There's even more people than last week!" Hide shouted, but Ken could barely hear him over the music.
What, does this guy throw a party every week? she wondered, but by the time she twisted around to ask Hide, he was gone.
"He promised to stay with me and as usual ditches me when he sees a girl who green eyes or blonde hair or a chest," she muttered to herself as she threaded through the people. Someone's high heel caused her to lose her balance, and she fell into someone. She waited to hit the ground, eyes squeezed shut, but she realized that the person had wrapped his arms around her to stabilize her.
She opened her eyes. "Oh, tha-" She stopped short when she recognized the purple hair. She instinctively pushed his chest, pushing out of his reach. "Sorry, thanks," she said, not meeting his eyes, but he grabbed her wrist. Startled, she looked up, and he smiled.
"Nous nous reverrons, ma princesse."
We meet again, my princess.