Tying loose ends.

"There's a package in the mail for you" Clarke walked down stairs and was greeted with her mum.
She sat at the bench and opened it, "its from one of the colleges I applied for" she said. Her mum looked up at her excitedly, "well what does it say?" She asked with high hope. Clarke took a deep breath and opened it quick, "they accepted me!" She said sighing like she had a huge weight taken off of her shoulders. "That's great darling" Abby congratulated her with open arms. "I have to tell Lexa about this" Clarke demanded, "I'll be back for dinner" she said taking the keys and leaving.

"So what's the big news you had to tell me in person?" Lexa asked as Clarke walked through the door, "I got into one of the colleges I applied for" she tried to contain her excitement, "babe that's awesome" Lexa said with as much happiness as she could. She was happy for Clarke but she also knew her worst nightmare had become a reality, they wouldn't be going to the same college. "Are you okay?" Clarke grabbed me as face making her look into her eyes, "yeah yeah, im really happy, now you don't have to stress, let me go get us a drink" Lexa said and went into the kicthen where Anya was.
"Clarke got-", "I heard" Anya finished Lexas sentence, "I'm glad, I remember you telling me she was stressing", "yeah, yeah, I'm happy for her, I still think we should take a year off after graduation before we start college" Lexa explained to Anya, "then do it, it's your lives, live them, before you get dragged into to more work" Anya reassured her.

Lexa came back with water for Clarke, "sorry it's all I have" she said handing her a bottle, "it's fine, thanks" she gave Lexa a bright smile.

"I still have a few hours to kill before I have to head home" Clarke said wrapping lexas arm around herself, "want to watch a movie or something" Lexa offered, "yeah, or we could go out for a late lunch, my treat" Clarke asked, "I could eat" she replied and they got up and went out for lunch.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Clarke got home around late afternoon. She walked into the house with a smile that soon faded after she saw her mums expression.
"Mum what's wrong?" She asked cautiously, "we need to talk about your work life" Abby said keeping a serious face. Clarke sighed, She was in for it.

"You're 19 at the end of the year Clarke, you're graduating in a few months, you had a steady job that you lost, you need to get it together and find a new job" Abby explained, Clarke just sat listening, "with college around the corner, you're gonna need the money, darling" she tried the soft approach, "me and Lexa decided to take a year off before we jump into the college life" Clarke dodged the job question, "okay but you're still gonna need a job, you want to be a Veterinarian, you have to earn it and that means going out and doing things, like getting experience" Abby got agitated at the lack of response coming from her daughter, "I know" Clarke murmured, Abby just looked at her then gave her the look to let her go to her room.

"She's right lex" Clarke said over the phone, "you can do it, I know you will, no one else will make a better Vet" Lexa encouraged her, "it's serious Lexa" Clarke was being stubborn, "so am I" Lexa was quick to reply, "I need to pass in AP biology" Clarke added to her worry, "and you will, believe in yourself", "thanks for that, Lexa, I needed it" she smiled, "give it 12 hours and I'll be holding you in my arms, and we can worry together" Lexa chuckled. "I forgot to ask, what are you gonna study at college?" Clarke was curious, she never got around to asking, "uh" there was a pause, "law school" Lexa said, "what really?, wow" Clarke said, "that bad huh" Lexa replied, "no no, I think that's great, what an aspiration" Clarke reassured her. They continued to talk college for a few minutes before they called it a night.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
It was the end of a school day and Clarke stayed back to talk to her Bio teacher.
"Are you sure there isn't anything I can do, sir" Clarke begged, "im sorry Ms Griffin", she just looked at her teacher, she couldn't believe it, "well, there is one thing" the teacher said, "tell me" she demanded, "it's really just extra credit no student bothers to do it but they don't actually know how much it can affect their grade for the better" the teacher explained while getting a sheet out from his desk, he placed it  of Clarkes eyes, "complete this, it's worth 30% of your final grade, it would knock you up to 98.3% which in my books is a excellent pass for this class" the teacher smiled, "I'll do it" Clarke grabbed the sheet and walked out the class, "Ms Griffin!" He stood up, she stopped and turned around, "due within two weeks please, we already have a lot of work to complete in two months",Clarke nodded and left.