Thats my best friend.

Clarke and the girls had planned to have a girls night on the up coming weekend. It was Thursday and they were eager, but not just for the girls night.

They were wandering the halls, "so, this weekend" Octavia stopped which caused the rest to also stop, " I can't wait, it's long over due"Octavia continued to smile, Clarke and Lexa hadn't talked much since the night before, they didn't know what to say, Rae and O noticing their quietness, "whats gotten into you two?" Raven chimed in breaking them from their thoughts. "what? nothing" Lexa was the first to break the silence between them, "so sleepover, my place?" she suggested out of nowhere, Ravens face lit up like a christmas tree, "um, yes!" she burst with excitement, "I've never been inside your house, this should be fun". " Clarke, is that okay with you?" she turned to get her attention, "yes, yes thats great, I cant wait" she let out a fake smile. Lexa could see through it, she placed her arms around Clarke as they continued to walk and whispered only so Clarke could hear her, "is everything okay?'', "yes, I promise, I'm just thinking" she gave her a reinsuring smile. "okay" Lexa pecked her on the lips as they walked. somethings wrong and I'm going to find out what. Lexa thought to herself. I cant wait to see the look on Lexa's face when I throw her a surprise party. Clarke thought to herself.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey Anya, this weekend is it okay if my friends sleepover?", Lexa asked, "friends? what friends you don't have any friends" She playfully joked, "funny" she shot a look to Anya, "yeah sure". she gave a real answer. "You know the rules, No boys in the room" Anya gave her a serious look, they stared each other down then burst into laughter, "Yeah yeah, okay" Lexa laughed.

Considering Lexa and Clarke hadn't spoken much Lexa decided to call her.

The line connected after the first couple rings, "Hey babe" the voice over the line spoke, "Hey Clarkey". The nickname  made Clarke smile although Lexa couldn't see it. "Anyas good with you guys sleeping this weekend, she wont be around much, shes going to see her boyfriend", "oh so we'll have time alone?" Clarke deviously smiled and perked an eyebrow, Lexa smirked, "If we un-invite Octavia and Raven, then sure", "that could be arranged" Clarke unexpectedly said, "Nah, I think  I actually want them over, we've hardly hung out much outside of school, and we've become closer", "are you thinking of replacing me?" Clarke pretended to be hurt, "maybe, I mean Ravens got a good physique " Lexa playfully joked, "Thats my best friend you're talking about there", "I'm just kidding, you're irreplaceable, babe" Lexa tried to sound cute, "damn right, ahem" she cleared her throat, "I mean aww babe", "I love you" Lexa said, Clarke returning the words, " I have to go, this isn't over, bye baby" Clarke said as her mum called her down, "bye Clarkey", the line disconnected.

"We're going out for dinner tonight, the hospital has everything under control", Clarke was greeted as she made her way downstairs, "okay sure", she agreed and they headed out.
_____________
"How's the food sweetie?" Abby asked, breaking the silence and also breaking Clarke out of her thoughts,
"Huh" she looked up, "oh yeah, not bad" she had mainly been playing with her food, Abby placed her utensils on the plate causing a noise, "what's on your mind?", "Honestly?", Clarke looked her mum in the eyes, "Lexa's birthday is coming up soon", "Oh really? How exciting", she put food in her mouth while listening, "I don't know if she celebrates it, we've rarely talked about it, I was thinking of doing something small for her, like a surprise party", "Well thats sweet of you, I'm sure she'll love it" Her mum gave a genuine smile. "hopefully". They continued to eat and make small talk.

"How's work?" Clarke asked, "Not bad, how's work for you", she returned the question, Clarke had completely forgot about work, so she tried to shake it off, "yeah, Um, I've been real busy.. with life" she shrugged and her cheeks got red, she couldn't come up with a plausible lie. "We'll talk about this at home, lets just enjoy our dinner" Abby calmly said.