Knee Socks (1K Special: Fell x Reader)

Only two people voted so... Here you go, sugarcubes!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm so excited!" Y/N exclaims as she swims in a circle in what legged creatures would consider a backflip on land. The girl's older sister chuckles, watching her little sister with amusement. "You better go now. Dad gives you five days on land, but it'll fly by like that." She emphasises her point with a snap. The younger sister blows a raspberry, bubbles leaving her mouth in the process, but proceeds to follow her sister's advice. "Bye! I love you!" Y/N exclaims.

You see, Y/N and her family are mer-folk, the only species of monsters to not get sealed underground in the war so long ago. Recently, Y/N turned twenty and her father allowed her to go to the surface for five days. Every mer-person has the ability to change their fins into legs as long as they are on dry land and Y/N finally gets to walk around like a human.

Her h/c-colored head pokes out of the water when she reaches the surface. It takes a breathless, slightly terrifying moment for her gills to stop working and her lungs to start taking in air. Her   f/c tail flicks in excitement as an abandoned shoreline is only a short distance away. She swims over and heaves herself out of the shallows, her magic taking over to transform her bottom half from fish to human.

Her bottom half is now covered in a soft, short piece of fabric matching her tail in color that wraps around her waist. Her new feet are bare and the nails are painted to match her skirt. She pushes herself up and, after almost falling about a few millions times, starts to explore her new surroundings. Loud noises on the other side of some tall bushes catches her attention, causing her to wander over and nearly get run over by a biker.

In front of her is a small mall, filled to the brim with humans and monsters alike. Y/N attempts to look like a normal human as she crosses the street and enters the building, cold air raising goosebumps on her arms. After all, all she's wearing is a bikini top and a small skirt and to top it all off, her hair is dripping wet. Nobody seems to notice her (to them, she looks like another beachgoer) as she wanders around, eventually entering a store under the name of 'Aeropostale'.

What immediately catches her interest are the scraps of fabric with interesting designs that cover her feet. She gathers as many pairs as she can and takes them to the bored cashier. The cashier rings them up with a raised brow before telling Y/N the price. The mermaid tries to pay for them in sand dollars as that is the currency under the sea, but the cashier refuses to take it. "Ma'am, these many pairs of socks will cost either forty-five dollars or twenty gold. Please pay, or leave the store." The cashier says. Y/N pouts, but obliges, leaving the store with  heavy heart.

What the mermaid didn't know was that she had caught the interest of a gold-toothed skeleton named Sans. There was something about her that he couldn't quite put his phalanges on. After the h/c-haired girl sits down on an empty bench, Sans slips into the store and grabs the first pair of socks he sees, a pink-and-white striped pair of knee highs. He hands the cashier a piece of gold before leaving the store. "Uh, 'scuse me, but I think these are yours." Sans says as he approaches the mysterious girl, holding the bag out for her to take.

She gives him a look of suspicion, but takes the bag, smiling when she looks inside. "Oh, thank you so much!" She exclaims, immediately tearing them out of the packaging and pulling them on as far as they could go. "Hehe, no problem, kid." Sans says. He starts to leave, but Y/N stops him. They start talking, getting to know each other, becoming friends before Sans' phone plays a small tune. "Eh, sorry, just a sec." The skeleton pulls out the small device and reads the text message that he received. "I need to go. That was my boss. I'll see ya 'round, sweetheart."

With that, the golden-toothed skeleton heads off, leaving Y/N with a strange feeling in her chest. One that her father definitely won't be happy with.