Avoidance (Palette x Goth)

Palette has been miserable lately and it was driving Paperjam crazy. Normally Palette could have gone to Goth and complained about it, but Goth has been distant lately, too.

Goth was a good friend of Palette and Paperjam’s, but all of a sudden he stopped hanging around them. The three of them haven’t spoken in at least a week and Paperjam had a feeling that was why Palette was in such a bad mood.

Paperjam watched irritatedly as Palette poked at his Hot Cat, eating none of it.

“You want to prank Undyne or something?” Paperjam suggested trying to get his friend to at least crack a smile.

“No.” Palette muttered in response. Paperjam grumbled to himself.

“How about we go watch that new movie we were talking about the other night?”

“Not feeling up to it today, PJ.”

“You haven’t been up to doing anything fun all week, Palette!” Paperjam said throwing his hands in the air in frustration. Palette only frowned.

“Hey, Goth.”

Paperjam turned to see Goth had entered the cafeteria. Fantastic, now was a good time to get to the bottom of this. Paperjam jumped to his feet and began to walk toward Goth. He was about to sit down by himself, but Paperjam grabbed his arm bone first and started to drag him away.

“PJ, what…?”

“What’s going on with you?” Paperjam demanded once he had brought Goth over to where he and Palette were sitting. "You just sort disappeared on us.”

Palette was now looking up seeming desperate for Goth to answer the question as well.

“Nothing I’ve just, er… been busy is all.” Goth said. Creators of the multiverse, he was practically sweating. Paperjam opened his mouth to point this out, but Goth stopped him. “Listen I’m not really hungry anymore. I have to go.”

With that, Goth pulled away from his friend's grasp and exited the hall. Goth had only just got here. Paperjam knew the only reason Goth was leaving is because he wanted to avoid them.

"He doesn’t want to see us, PJ.” Palette mumbled, sadly. "Just drop it, will you?”

But Paperjam wasn’t finished. Ignoring his friend, Paperjam went after Goth. Palette didn’t bother coming with him. Maybe he just wanted to leave Goth be. Paperjam wasn’t going to give up so easily however. He needed his fun friend back.

“Goth.” Paperjam had caught up to him in no time "Tell me the truth why are you avoiding us."

“I’m not avoiding…” Paperjam gave Goth a look and Goth seemed to think twice about finishing that sentence. Goth sighed “Alright, alright. Truthfully, I’m not avoiding you guys… I’m avoiding Palette."

Paperjam was ten times more confused than before. “What are you talking about?”.

“I sort of kind of well…”

“Spit it out, man!”

“I like Palette!” Goth blurted out,  turning bright violet as his confession escaped him.

Paperjam blinked. “Are you serious?”

“Of course I am! I’m been avoiding him because I don’t know what to do about it!”

“Well, here’s a crazy idea. Tell him!”

“I can’t just tell him...”

“And why not?” Goth opened his mouth to continue to argue, but didn’t seem able to think of anything. “Goth, this is ridiculous. Let me tell you something…”

“What the hell are you two yelling about?” They both turned to see that Palette had decided to show up.

“Thought you were going to stay in the cafeteria?” Paperjam said, raising an brow ridge.

“I was actually just heading to gym when I heard you two yelling.” Palette explained. “Thought you might have started something. Look, PJ, if he doesn’t want to talk to us…”

“This is stupid. Palette, for the sake of the AUs, he likes you. That’s why he’s avoiding us."

“Paperjam!”

“Goth, it's fine. Palette likes you, too. He has for a long time."

Goth and Palette looked equally embarrassed. Paperjam would have preferred that the two have told each other on their own, but that obviously wasn’t going to happen. So he took matters into his own hands.

“Do you really?” Goth asked, bright violet.

“Well, ah...”

“Palette!”

“Yes, yes! Okay, I do."

Goth and Palette just stared at each blankly, making Paperjam become irritated again.

“Alright. Now that that’s done and over with, can we go prank Undyne now or not?”