Dreams

A/N all rights go to Rick Riordan

*edited*

Isla P.O.V

"You'll never be better than him," the voice crooned "why bother?"

"Stop!" I insisted "He's my brother! I don't care!"

"Yes you do. You can't bear it when the other campers look at you like you're not worthy to be his brother."

I put my hands over my ears, though it did nothing to help.

"You can't be better. Why not just start anew?" the voice asked

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Isla?" 

I sat bolt upright.

"You OK?" Percy seemed concerned 

My breath was coming in short quick gasps. My palms had marks where my nails had bitten into them and my hair was plastered to my neck in sweat.

I looked at Percy, trying to control my breathing.

"I'm fine" I panted

I swung my legs off the side if the bed and stood up

"You sure?" Percy didn't look convinced 

"Get out"

He glanced at me in concern one more time and left. I reeked of sweat so I decided to take a shower. The water calmed me. Helped me think straight.

I got out, dried myself and stood in front of my closet. I wasn't in the mood to put effort into my outfit, so I just put on jeans and a black shirt, pulled on red sneakers and scooped my hair into a  bun, annoying curly tendrils sticking out everywhere because of how messy my hair was.

I opened the doors of the mess hall. The place was dotted with navy blue sofas and lights with blue shades hung over small tables. The black counter lined one side of the hall. The blonde girl behind the counter flipped the pan that contained my blue waffles.

"Hey Kaelie" I grinned 

"Isla! I was beginning to wonder where you were"

"Why? did you miss me?"

"No, Sanders. For real"

Kaelie has a funny way of knowing when I'm upset. I was tempted to tell her about my dream but i shoved the idea aside. I had bigger things to worry about.

"I just had a bit of a lie in Kaelie" I lied

"OK then" she wasn't completely convinced but she let it slide. She plunked my waffles on a plate and slid them across the counter. Kaelie was my best friend aside from Percy- who didn't really count, being my brother. A daughter of Hermes, she has blonde hair, green eyes,an impish smile and a strange fetich for cooking- hence her making our breakfast.  I sat at the nearest table and glared at everyone who bothered to look at me.

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed" 

I drained my glass of orange juice and sighed. The nightmare was back from her mission.

"Shut up Cooper' I muttered, swirling

"Heard you woke up screaming a few nights ago. Did you see a monster under your bed?" 

"No, I don't think I saw you under my bed, Emily"

Emily Cooper, daughter of Zeus, stood sputtering like a fish out of water. 

"Are we done?"I asked

I took her silence as a yes and went to look for Percy.

I looked around but didn't find him so I decided to go tell Chaos about my dream. I was about to open the door when I heard Percy. I pulled out my Eidolon and my hearing senses sharpened.

"--- she was covered in sweat and she was hyperventilating" Percy said

"I think...." Chaos frowned "Yes....."

"What?" Percy asked 

"Never mind" Chaos replied "You can go"

Percy started walking towards the door. I made my Eidolon dissolve and I ran down the corridor as silently as I could, hoping Percy wouldn't see me.