Chapter 24: Bail, and Truth

Ratliff's pov:

"Ryland!!" Peyton yells again, before burying her head into my chest. "Great! All in a day's work, does Ry get arrested!" Ross says. "He didn't do anything Mr. Smith! Your daughter should've been thrown in jail! For almost kidnapping!" Riker yells. "Rik calm down. Its gonna be okay." I say, rubbing Peyton's back. We head back to our spot on the beach, and clean up. Peyton grabs Ry's snapback, and phone. She holds them close, as if she's never gonna see them again. I grab her bag of stuff, and then I pick her up. She places his snapback on her own head, and she just clutches his phone to her. "The police man said we could come... in one hour. And I might be able to bail Ry out." Peyton says. "Did he say how much?" I ask. "No. But I have a trick. And its worked before." She wiggles out of my arms, and I set her down. "Daddy, can I have a penny?" She asks. Riker nods, and hands her one. She places it in the palm of her left hand, and she makes the cutest puppy dog eyes. "Can I plwease bail, Ry out?" She asks. "Aww. I couldn't say no to that adorable face." Riker says. "Exactly. He won't say no." Peyton says. "And that you're wearing Ry's snapback, there's no way in heck, he'd say no." I say. "Can we go?" Peyton asks. I nod my head, and carry her to Rydel's car. I set her in her seat, and she buckles up. She then sets Ry's phone onto the seat. "Hey, you can ride with us." Rydel says, hugging me. "Babe I want to, but I don't like that look on Riker's face. I love you, but I gotta go." I say, connecting our lips. "Love you too." She says, as I walk away.

Stormie's pov: (Yeah! A new POV!)

"Mark! Honey, where's my phone?" I ask, lifting up a couch cushion. "Yeah! Up on our night stand!" He yells, from outside. "Okay! Thank you." I say, as I walk up the stairs. Once up them, I hear my ringtone going off. I walk into my room,and answer it.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Stormie. Um... we have a little problem. "

"Ellington, what's the problem this time?"

"Ry's been arrested."

"What??!?! How?"

"Well... The governor's daughter tried to kidnapp Peyton, and when Ry say Peyton getting dragged away from us, he went after her. Anyway, after that he flipped the governor's daughter on to her back. And yeah...."

"And I'm suppose to come, and bail my own son out of jail?"

"No. Peyton's got that all covered. We just need an adult, who's over 25... "

"When do I need to be there?"

"In 20 minutes. Thanks Stormie. Bye."

"Bye, Ellington."

I hang up my phone, and sigh. "Honey, what's wrong?" Mark asks me. "You won the bet. Rocky didn't get arrested first. Ryland did." I say. "How?" He asks. I explain the whole story to him, from what Ell had told me. "And we need to be there in a 20 minutes. " I say. "We better go then." Mark says, before running down the stairs, to get the car ready.

Peyton's pov:

After 20 minutes, we pull up to the jail. I gulp. "Do you know what his name was?" Riker asks me, as I adjust Ry's snapback on my head. "Mr. Tyler." I say. Grandma Stormie, and Grandpa Mark join us. "What are we going to do?" Stormie asks. "Just let me do the talking!" I say, taking the penny back from Riker. "Lets do this thing." Ross says. We walk into the prison, and I look around for Mr. Tyler. As I'm looking around I see his brown hair fluff up. "Mr.Tyler!" I say.

"Hello Pey." He says, hugging me. "You guys know each other?" Rydel asks. "Yeah. I worked on the case that she was abused in. Her dad's in cell 266. Far away from here." He says.  I wiggle in Ratliff's arms. He sets me down, and I hold the penny in my hand. "Can I plwease bail Ryland out?" I ask making the cutest puppy dog eyes in the world. "Aww. Of chorus you can, Peyton. I'll pay for the other $999.99." He says. "It costs $1,000 to bail him out?!?!" "Yeah, but I'll go and get him for you guys." He says. "Can we come?" I ask. "No." He says, before he walks back to a few cells.