Chapter 13: Bear Lake

* 9 Days Until Ratliff's birthday *

Ratliff's pov:

Peyton climbs up next to me. "Ellybear!" She says wrapping her arms around my neck.  "PeyPey!" I say wrapping my arms around her . She giggles at the stupid nicknames we have for each other. " Whatca watching????" Peyton asks, sliding down next to me. "I'm watching 'Faked or Faked; Paranormal Files. ' " I say. " Can I watch?" Peyton asks. I nod my head, and motion Peyton to come and lay her head on my chest. "I got you the best brithday present in the whole world. "  Peyton says. "Can you give me some hints on what it might be?" I ask. " Nope." She says before falling asleep.  I sigh,  and set my head down onto my pillow. I soon drift off into sleep.

* 8 days until Ratliff's birthday *

I wake up, and notice that Peyton is still asleep.  I sigh, and sit up. Her pretty little head is laying on my middle torso. I smile, and snap a selfie. I make a silly face, and I post it on Twitter.

Ellington Lee Ratliff (@RatliffR5)

I woke up this morning, and I listen to see if anyone one else is up. I don't hear anything, so I decied to take this silly selfie... I'm so weird.

I set my phone down, and look at Peyton.  She looks so peaceful.  I smile, and snap a  picture of us.  I send Ryland, Ross, Riker, Rocky,  and Rydel. All I put is a smiley face for the caption. I hit send,  and sigh. I feel Peyton sit up and stretch.  She yawns, and looks up at me. "Morning Ellybear. " She says.  "Hey, PeyPey. Sleep well?" I ask. "Yes. What about you?" "Amazing." "You know you make a great pillow." She says giggling. "He does?" Rydel asks. "Yes. But you'll never ever know!" Peyton says before hugging me.

"Calm yourself little princess. I'm not here to take him from you. Its time to get up. Rocky made breakfast. Pancakes, eggs, and bacon." She says. Peyton bolts out of my room. Rydel sits on my lap, and wraps her arms around my neck. "I love you." She says, pressing her lips against mine softly. "I love you too. " I say. I kiss her. "Get a room!" Rocky yells walking past the room. "Okay shut the door." "I was kidding." Rocky says grabbing Rydel's and and he pulls her out the door. Okay... I get up and shut my door. I change out of what I wore yesterday, and change into something new. I sigh and grab my phone off my nightstand. I look and see that I have a text from Ross. 9:46 this morning.

From: Ross

Ratliff did you hit Peyton? She's only letting Rydel near her? Did I mention,  she's crying? What in the hell did you do to her?

To: Ross

She fine when she left. I'll be down in a second.

I slide my phone into my pocket of my jeans, and I run downstairs. "Peyton.... what happened?" Ross yells from the other side of the room. I enter the room and see her Rydel's arms. She sees me, and runs over. She hugs my leg, and I pick her up. "He hit me." She whispers softly. "Who Pey?" "Ryland. He got mad because I saw Rebecca and I said 'I don't like you.' Then he hit me." She whispers back.

"Ryland Michael Lynch! Why did you hit her?!?!?!" I yell angrily at him. "She got me mad!" He yells. "Ry! She hates us all now! Thanks!" Riker yells, punching Ryland in the gut. He grunts and falls to the ground. "Ryland!" Peyton yells.  I set her down, and she runs over to him. "Peyton.... I'm..... sorry..... I.... overacted ...... don't .... hate them... hate me...." Ryland says in between breaths. "I forgive you this time." She says hugging his shoulder. "I love you guys." Peyton says, as Riker picks her up, so that Ryland can stand up. "What are we going to do today?" Rydel asks lacing her fingers with mine. "Its 85 degrees outside. We could go, and have a picnic at Bear Lake. We could swim, and Peyton could play on the playset there. What do you guys think?" Riker says, playing with Peyton's small hand, that had wrapped its self around Riker's two of his fingers. "Seems like fun." Rydel says. "Yeah!!" Peyton says, as Riker runs her upstairs.