Chapter 17: Soccer

Peyton's pov:

* 5 days until Ell's birthday *

I wake up, and notice that, I'm still in Ratliff's arms. I wiggle out of his grasp, and sit up. What time is it? Ellington's phone might have the time. I get up, and walk over to his night stand, and I press, and button. It beeps, and I giggle. "Someone is touching my home button." A voice says. "And I wonder who that would be." Ratliff says, rolling over, and scooping me up. I giggle, and try to get out of his grasp. "What were you trying to do?" He asks. "Trying to check the time." I say. "Really, or are you lieing?" "I'm not lieing. I promise." I say. "Okay." He says grabbing his phone, and unplugging it. He wraps his arms around me, and he then places the phone in front of us. "Can you guess my password?" He asks, hugging me. "Hmmm.... Peyton!" I say. "Okay, if you think your right type it in." I type in Peyton, and his phone unlocks. "Man.... you're good." He says. "I wanna show you something." He says.

He places his thumb on the screen,and slides the home screen to the left. He does this until he gets to his gallery. He goes to his own pictures and clicks on one. He shows me a picture. It was a picture of the both of us. I was asleep on his lap, and he had taken the picture. And then he slide to another one. It was one that was when I was 5. I could barely tell it was me.

"This picture was taken the first week after we got you. For some reason it's always been my favorite."

"How come you've kept it for so long?" I ask. "Like I said it was my favorite. And because I'd never forget that day it was taken. Why? Because it was the very first time, you ever told us that you loved us." Ratliff says, tearing up. "Aww, Ellybear." I say before standing up on his bed, and hugging him. "I love you." I whisper in his ear. "I love you too." He says. I feel a another pair of arms wrap around me. I look and see Riker, Ryland, Ross, Rocky, and Rydel, all hugging us. "I love you guys." I say. "We love you, too." They say.

When we break the hug, and Rydel is all happy. "What?" "I got you enrolled in preschool!" She says. "What?!?!" I ask a little shocked. "And signed you up for their soccer team!" She says. "Yes!" I say. "And your first practice is tonight.  Which means we get to go shopping!" She says. I sigh, and walk to my room to change. I slide on my pink, and gray striped, sparkles shirt. What should I wear? A tutu! But what color? "Mommy!!!" I yell. Rocky enters the room. "What's up baby?" He asks. "Where's mommy?" "She's changing. Into that shirt, a tutu, and some leggings." "Can you show me what ones?" Yes, I wanted to dress like mommy today.  He hands me a pair of pink, and white leggings, and a pink, and purple tutu. "Hurry up, honey. Mommy's probably done, and waiting." Rocky says before kissing my head.

I slide the leggings on, and I then put my tutu on. "Peyton!! Lets go! Practice is at 7!! We need to get shoes for practice!" Ross yells up the stairs. "Okay! I'll be down in a minute!" I yell back. I run to my closet and grab some socks, and I slide on my pink tennis shoes. I grab my Ipod touch. Riker said something yesterday about my R5 case, in the mail. I run down the stairs. Ryland is turned around, and facing Ross. I jump onto his back. "Hey!" He says, pulling me off.I giggle, and Ross looks at me. "Give me Peyton. I need to do something to her." He says. I stretch my arms out, and Ross grabs me. He carries me upstairs, and sets me on my vanity chair. He takes my hair down, and brush it. He softly goes throught the tangles, not wanting me to cry. He then pulls my hair into pigtails. I giggle, and wrap my arms around him. He picks me up, and carries me downstairs.

"Delly! You have a twin!!" He yells, setting me behind me. "Stay behind me until, I say so." Ross says. "Who?" Rydel asks coming in the room, holding Ratliff's hand. "Peyton." Ross says. He moves to the side, and Rydel awes. She lets go of Ell's hand, and picks me up. "Pigtails, are the only thing that's different, but I still love it!" She says hugging me. "Leggo, people!!" Rocky yells. "Where's daddy at?" I ask. "Riker! Peyton wants you!" Ross yells. Riker comes up from behind, and scoops me up. "Ready to go guys?" He asks. I nod my head, and snuggle into Riker's neck. He starts to walk out the door, before grabbing a small bag. "Your Ipod, case." He says. I look at Ellington, who's in the back, not looking to happy. I wiggle around in Riker's arms, and he looks at me. "What baby?" He asks. "Ratliff." I whine. He sets me down, and I run back to Ratliff. He picks me up, and smiles. "I came back here cause, I thought you were sad, and you weren't. " I say. " And I love you for that."  He says.