Chapter 15: Jealousy

Ratliff's pov:

I open my arms to welcome, Peyton into them. She snuggles up close to me. "I love you." She says before falling asleep.  I sigh, and hug her. "Night Pey." I say, before falling asleep myself.

~Nightmare~

Peyton and I are at the park, when a dark figure approaches. "Sir, is this your kid." "Yeah, she's my daughter." "No she's not." The man pulls down his hood, to reveal my Peyton's dad. Peyton screams and grabs my leg. "Give me my daughter!" He says before lunging at Peyton. I pick her up, and I start to run. I have no idea where, yet, but away from that man. I run of 4 blocks, before I'm out of breath. "Man, I'm out of shape." I say.  Peyton clings onto me. "Ellybear. He's coming." She says. I start to run again,  until someone makes me black out. I hear Peyton yelling and screaming. "No! Ellington!! Let me go!" "Get the boy, we'll hurt him too." Her dad says, before someone picks me up.

When I wake up, I'm in a dungeon type place. I look around and see that I've been hit, and I'm bleeding. "Ellington!" Peyton says before throwing herself onto me. She starts to cry. "He's gonna kill us.. I want my daddy that loves me!" She says. Riker.... My phone. "Peyton my phone is my pocket,  call Riker." "He already took it...." She says. "Okay times up!"  Her dad says. He lifts Peyton up by her arm, and plunges a knife into my stomach. I groan, and fall over sideways. "Ell!" Peyton screams. "I'll be back for her later!" He says. "Ellybear, please don't leave me." "Pey... I'll... try.... not.... to..." I say. Those were my last words.

~End of Nightmare~

*7 days until Ellington's birthday*

"Ellington!" Peyton screams. I bolt up, and see that she's crying. "Shh.... come here baby." I say. She crawls over to me and sits in my lap. "What's wrong?" I ask, petting her hair. "My daddy found me, and he stabbed you." She says. Weird. We both just had the same nightmare. "Shh.." "Guys what's going on? You woke us all up." Ross says, coming out from behind the couch. Rydel sits up, Riker scoots over to us, and Ryland just walks over. "Pey? Honey what's wrong?" Riker asks sweetly. She buries her head into my chest. "My daddy found me and he stabbed Ellington." She says. "Peyton, you know that's never going to happen." Rocky says, sitting down in front of me. Everyone else joins us, and they all try and comfort her. "Princess, come here I wanna tell you something." Ross says. We all look dumbfounded, but I hand Peyton over to him anyway.

"Look. The cops have your daddy locked tight up in the prison. There's no way in heck, he can get through the security. Even if he does you won't have to worry. Why? Because he'll go to the orphanage first. He'll look for you there. He'll never find you. Okay? He'll search everywhere until the cops get him. But no matter what, you'll be safe with us." Ross says. He was finally was showing his older brother protective side. Peyton wipes last tear of her face, and looks at me. "What Pey?" She points behind me. I turn around, and see Issac, and Louis. "Hey, could you let us in? Please?" Louis asks. I nod and open the door. Issac runs in, and sits down on the floor next to Ross. Peyton smiles, and wiggles out of Ross' grasp. She down next to Issac, and hugs him. "He was dieing to see her. And I was dieing to see you." He says before twirling Rydel into his arms.

Anger starts to build up inside of me. Ratliff breath. Rydel blushes, and hugs him. "I'm gonna go outside." I say. I sit with my feet in the pool, thinking about the dream Peyton, and I had.  He's her dad, not mine. Why was he in my dream? I don't know the man. So, why would he show up like that? And why would I been in the dream? I need a swim.

I slide my shirt off, and slide in. Maybe the water will help me figure myself out. Like why are my feelings strong for Delly? Why I was in that dream? Why I'm jealous that Rydel is showing interest in Louis? Why did Peyton and I have the same dream? I dive underwater, hoping a question would get answered. I swim back up, and nothing. Why am I drawing a blank? I pull myself up onto the side of the pool. I'm jealous. It can't be. I mean Louis has known Rydel for like 5 hours, where as I have known her my whole life. Why was I feeling this way?