Chapter 20: Why didn't you tell us?

Peyton's pov:

*2 days until Ell's birthday*

I wake up snuggled up to Riker. I smile, and I lay back next to him. I hear a knock on the door. After a few seconds, Rocky enters. "Hey, baby girl." He says, quietly lifting me out of Riker's arms, and into his. "Cubbs!" I say. "Shh.... I was getting there princess. Riker gets really grumpy when someone wakes him up." Rocky whispers. I wrap my arms around Rocky's neck. He sets me on his hip, and then he hands me Chubbs. I smile, and hug both of them. "Let's go give you a bath." Rocky says, as we leave Riker's room. "Yeah!" I say.

We enter my room, and he sets me down. "Rockstar, I'll help Peyton." Ratliff says, coming out of my closets.  Ratliff sets some clothes down, and comes over to me. Or at least that's what I thought. Instead he walks over to Rocky. "Please? I feel like Peyton's growing away from me. Please?" Ratliff asks. "You guys have been. I was planning to take her to the mall, but you guys can have your rebonding time today. Okay? But don't take her to the studio." "I need to go there, though. " "Well keep a good eye on her." Rocky says. Ratliff hugs him, and then scoops me up. I squeal, and hug him. "Be good you two." Rocky says chuckling. He leaves, and Ell takes me into the bathroom.

Ratliff turns on the water, and helps me clean up. After about 20 minutes, we were done, and ready to hang out today. As, I walk out of the bathroom, Ratliff asks me a really hard question. "So, who's your favorite now?" I stand shocked, that he'd ever ask me that. "Peyton?" He asks after several minutes of silence. "Um...." Is all I could mange to say.

Ratliff's pov:

As Peyton leaves the bathroom, I ask the question that's been running my brain lately. "So, who's your favorite now?" I ask. Peyton freezes, and just stands there. "Peyton?" I ask after several minutes of silence.  "Um..." Is all she says. "I should've known..." I say, as tears start pouring out of my eyes. "Ellybear!" Peyton says, running over to me, and hugging my leg. "Ellybear, what?" I ask, getting down to her level. "Ellybear, you're my favorite. " She says. I smile, and hug her. "Its never changed, and it never will." Peyton says. I smile, and pick her up. I toss her up in the air, and then catch her. She giggles, and wraps her arms around my neck.

We walk all the way downstairs, and into the studio. "Good, your late." Ryland says. "Hey, cut me some slack." I say, holding Peyton's hand. "Hey, baby." Ryland says, as she walks over to him. "Can you watch her, while I'm recording?" I ask. Ryland nodes his head, and I walk into the booth. "Okay, lets start out with 'Pass Me By'." Ryland says. I nod my head and put the head phones on.

*3 and a half hours later *

"Okay, Ell! That's a wrap!" Ryland says. "Thank god. My throat is killing me. Peyton you stay right there in that chair, and do not move. Ry, and I are going to go and get something to drink. Ok?" I say. Peyton nodes her head, as Ryland sets her in his swirling chair. "Can you turn the lights off?" Peyton asks. "Sure." Ryland says. We walk out of the studio, and head upstairs. Once, up there I see all of the Lynches up. "Hey, where's Peyton at?" Ross asks, playing with Rydel's hair. "She's down in the studio." "Oh ok. Wait, what?!?!" "I left her down there she promised not to touch anything." I say. Riker's phone buzzes on the counter. "Oh really? My phone just sent me a text that someone is on my Ipad, that is pugged up to the recording booth. We need to get down there." Riker says taking off down the stairs.

Peyton's pov:

After Ryland turns off the lights, I slip into the booth. I carefully climb up onto the stool, and I place the headphones on my head. Hmm.... 'Miss Movin' On', and maybe 'DNA' and maybe another song, before they get back. "Okay... I can do this. There is no on watching. You need to put you talent to the test. Okay? I got this." I scroll through the songs on Riker's IPad. " 'DNA'" I say. The song starts, and I lower the mic down. I take a deep breath. "No one is in here." I remind myself.