Freedom

I smile as I see the bar I grew up with come into view, the old Devils Room on the corner. This place had so many memories, like when me and a couple boys used to sneak in there when we were younger with fake ID's, the fact that I had a tall figure and broad shoulders made me look a lot older than I actually was at the time.

The women never seemed to care about age either, they were probably just tired of all the old assholes who hit them up, and us being hormonal teenagers never said no to the offer.

My first time was in the women's bathroom of Devils Room with some 20 year old redhead when I was 15, of course she didn't know I was that young at the time, too wasted to even realize it. Now I know a lot of people would consider that pedophilia or some shit. But where I'm from its really not a big deal, hell half the girls my age are too busy getting knocked up by guys twice their age to have time for any of us, and ever since these old fuckers been getting the girls I used to go to school with into drugs, those girls just aren't pretty to me anymore.

"Vincent!" A familiar voice catches my attention breaking me from my thoughts. I look up to see James, one of the boys I used to hang out with a couple years back, once a lady's man but now looks three times his age all thanks to a specific drug called meth.

I smile and give him a broshake, feeling his boney arm pat my back. I'm gonna be honest, these addicts gross me out, this guy in front of me used to be well respected, had quite the reputation, until he met a particular girl named Phee. Now that girl used to have drugs for days, along with a huge pair of tits which used to get her almost anything she wanted, and her being from where we're from, she didn't really have high standards. I rememebr her and James would just stay locked up in his house for days on a drug binge, not sleeping or eating.

I can't say that feeling is unfamiliar to me, I used to be a bit of a fiend back when it was new to me. But I wasn't stupid, I wasn't gonna end up like my mom, or him.

"So how was prison huh?" He laughs fidgeting and shifting a lot, the way he was darting his eyes around I'm gonna guess he's high out of his mind right now.

What is there to say about prison? We've all been there at one point in our lives. And I can't say any things new, sit in a crowded room all day full of low life criminals who were just as restless as you were, especially the guys who've been in there for years, now those are the ones you gotta watch out for. Being in there gets depressing at times, unless you're lucky enough to make friends with a guy who can get you a little something to take your mind away from reality. I remember half those guys would do nothing but shoot up all day, and the others would just sit lie in their rooms thinking about their life or the girl outside of those walls, suddenly longing for her and thinking they're oh so fucking in love.

It does that to you, being in there with nothing but time to think, you begin to realize you're so called 'brothers' don't give a shit about you, considering the fact when your locked up in there no one ever comes to visit besides the chick your fucking. And I guess you realize she's the only one who's real.

"Crowded and fucking boring. What about you? How've you been?" Same as always I'm guessing, lines and his bitch. He smiles even bigger running his hand through his hair which is so much thinner than it was before I got arrested, and he's lost even more weight.

"Phee's pregnant, found out a couple weeks ago." Well that's not surprising, I'll be even more surprised if it actually ends up being his kid. One thing I'm worried about is the baby, James was never the fatherly type, he fucking hates kids. To think of it any guy from around here is nothing close to dad material. Take my own dad for example, just up and split when he met a girl younger and prettier than my mom, he always used to cheat on her and she'd sit up at night crying at the table. Seeing her broken like that is probably one of the main reasons I won't let myself get into a relationship, I don't wanna hurt a girl like that, and I definitely don't wanna ever feel that way either.